Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Two registrations, one registrant

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2231

• malloy0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
JM,

Frankly I have made so many changes and revs to dtregister.php, paypal*.php, english*.php I do not know where to begin. I do know that I have completely started from scratch (a fresh install) with the v2.2.5 from 8/13/08 by unistalling the component, deleting the sql tables, etc and then did an install.

No luck with ELIMINATION of the backend dups. One thing I have not done is go back to an earlier version like 2.2.4 and see what happens. I guess I have not tried since I was having issues with being hosted by GoDaddy and also 2.2.4 was not allowng registrants to be \"seen\" on the backend, but they were in the sql table.

Anyway, at this point I am really stuck in the mud. Nathan has apparently been really, really busy thus unresponsive, suspect he has lots and lots going on with all he is involved with.

Meanwhile, I have been trying to insrall CiviCRM to give it a while to replace DTR, but I have not be able to get the install to work. For us, www.myccvc.com we hoped to start with paid registratons this weekend, but without a similar component that is as flexible as DTR we cannot do this. :woohoo:

Mike
[email protected]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2232

• JComeskey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hmmm, so your dups started right away?

I am using V2.2.2. Mine was working perfectly fine for our trial event. Then on Friday, the event director asked me to figure out why a participant was unable to register a family member.

I viewed the registration list and guessed that she was probably trying to use the same email address twice and that the duplicate prevention feature was not allowing it. So I suggested that she try a different email address - which worked. I don\'t remember making any changes to configuration at that moment.

Then starting on the 16th, our next 3 registrations are showing duplicates. Then on the 18th, I turned off the duplicate prevention feature.

So something changed. What did I do?

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2233

• JComeskey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Another thing of note is that the duplicates do not have unique User IDs in the CSV file.

In other words, we did not duplicate User IDs.

Each registrant was only given one ID. They just happen to show up twice in the list.

I notice that my User IDs are not completely sequential. Some numbers are missing. I am assuming that it assigns User IDs to failed attempts and then bypasses those numbers on the next successful attempt.

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2234

• malloy0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
JC

I am of no help at all in getting this resolved. Like you, just a \"user\" and truly not a programmer.

Sorry.

Oh where oh where is out friend Nathan.

Mike

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2235

• evildrq
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
This, at least for me, is not a big issue. Yes there are duplicate registrations in the back end and yes two sets of e-mails are sent. However, if you go to the database, there is only one entry per registrant and the card is only charged once. While a nuisance at times (you have to answer the question from your registrants \"Why am I getting more than 1 e-mail? Am I registered twice?), this is better than them not showing up at all.

The quick fix is when you download a .csv, remove the duplicates with Excel, use the \"id\" field since it is unique for every user. The duplicates have the same \"id\" when it is exported.;)

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2236

• JComeskey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
But why did my first 24 registrants not duplicate in the registration manager?

That tells me that this is a fixable problem.

And our club produces more than 40 events per year, one of which gets more than 2000 participants and another one gets more than 6000 participants. I\'m not responding to 6000 inquiries. It needs to work every time or else it is not really viable...

I\'m going to keep tinkering. I\'ll post here if I figure anything out.

If anyone has a suggestion, please pass it along.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds