Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Two registrations, one registrant

Two registrations, one registrant 16 years 3 months ago #684

• phantompilot
  • phantompilot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My first person registered today. I should only have one registrant. Something strange happened, I have one registrations but everything happened in duplicate. I received two identical e-mails to my e-mail address with the same registrants information. I checked the DTRegister Registration Records and there are two identical entries listed for the same registrant. I checked with PayPal, only one payment was made and I asked the registrant if anything weird happened...he said no, he only registered once. On the course list, it was also showing as 2 people being registered for the class. So, I try to delete the second, duplicate record, and both records disappeared even though only one box was checked when I hit delete! 1) Why did two duplicate records show up for one registration and one paypal payment? 2) Why did both registrations disappear when I tried to delete just one? Strange... Aaron G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Two registrations, one registrant 16 years 3 months ago #685

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Please login on our site and create a support ticket. Include Joomla and FTP login information. Thanks.

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2205

• JComeskey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Did you guys have any luck in identifying the issue here with this?

I think that I may be encountering the same thing.

I\'m using 2.2.2 on a 1.0.15 site. I see that a new version was released on Aug 13. I plan to install that, but don\'t want to compound the issue until I know what is going on.

When I first set up our event, I had enabled duplicate prevention. But we ran into a problem with people trying to register friends and family, so our event director asked me to turn off duplicate prevention. Our next 3 records after that are showing duplicates. They also appear in the CSV file.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2222

• JComeskey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I just realized that there may not be a direct correlation between turning off the duplicate prevention and getting these duplicate records.

The duplicate records were received on 8/16 and 8/17. I turned off duplicate prevention on 08/18.

Very strange.

The first 24 registrations were fine. Then the last 3 suddenly duplicated.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2224

• malloy0
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ditto on this issue. I submitted a ticket.

Also...

1. Double regristations for single registrant
2. No confirmation email to registrant
3. Previous issue with Paypal and NEXT / SEND do nothing.

2.2.5 as of 8/13 only fixed #3.

Gosh I like DTR, but man these issues are killin\' me.

Two registrations, one registrant 15 years 8 months ago #2230

• JComeskey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I\'ve been trying to figure out what changes I made prior to receiving duplicates - since my problem popped up in the middle of the registration period after getting 24 normal registrations.

As I stated below, at first I thought maybe this corresponded with turning off the duplicate prevention feature, but then I realized that I did that 2 days after the first duplicate.

I also downloaded a csv file 2 days after the first duplicate.

I can\'t remember doing anything funky on the 15th or 16th. And my duplicates started on the 16th. Though I did look at the registration records on the 15th.

Malloy0, do you remember making any changes prior to getting your duplicates? Did your problem also start in the middle of the registration period? If so, how many single entries did you receive prior to starting duplicates?

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds