Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 1 week ago #25892

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I was getting a joomla error in the backend when resending the thankyou email "Invalid Address"
I have joomla 3.5.1 and updated to DT 3.1.7b
Joomla system configuration for Mailing was "php mail"
I changed the setting to "sendmail" and this fixed it for me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 1 week ago #25893

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Joomla 3.5 brought changes to PHP Mail functionality and some sites where PHP Mail formerly worked for sending mail suddenly do not work anymore. This affects not only DT Register, but other extensions, including core Joomla components like Contacts.

This is most often seen when you are trying to receive email at the same domain as your website. We've actually seen this for many years where some mail servers do not like that and have to use specific settings in Joomla config to work... which is not the default PHP Mail. This has to be worked out with a web host if you need specific settings such as a specific SMTP port.

At this point, anyone we are seeing that still has an email issue after 3.1.7b is due to their configuration and mail server. The exception is what Alaskan pointed out regarding the problem created with an empty upload field. We have fixed that and will update the package tomorrow most likely.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 1 week ago #25894

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Is the actually error being log anywhere so we can help resolve it with the hosting guys

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 5 days ago #25927

• ksgcomm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Nathan -

I am facing the similar issue - I could see registrations at the database (through dtregister -> records) but users registering see "invalid address: xxxxxx" - emails are not flowing through (both thank you and admin notification). I tried changing to sendmail (from php) and test email - test email works for both but no luck. Please advise. We are on Joomla 3.5.1

Thanks!

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 5 days ago #25928

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I saw in a Joomla forum if the component code has made the correct changes for email exception then it might be related to when your email address is hosted separately to your website.
This was my case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ksgcomm

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 4 days ago #25930

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
w2kd - please share what you had to do to address the email issue on your end. We have just one or two users remaining that are trying to sort this out, determining what settings need changed to work with their mail server situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ksgcomm

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds