Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 5 days ago #25931

• ksgcomm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
In my case it was working well without any issues until last evening and all of a sudden this issue was reported. We didn't change any settings over the last three weeks.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 5 days ago #25932

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
ksgcomm - make sure you are running DT Register 3.1.7c and Joomla 3.5.1. If you have those in place, all should be fine, barring a mail setup change needed in Joomla's config.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 5 days ago #25933

• sathya
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nathan - we have DT Register 3.1.7. I do not see any alphabets alongside. how do I check for the exact a / b / c version.
Secondly -- how do I download the 3.1.7c version? In my profile on DTHdevelopment website, i do not an option to do the same.
Thirdly -- How do we update -- like from what console? I have an event that has around 100+ folks registered and now will an update mess up things?

P.S. This is the same note as ksgcomm's initial query.

Last Edit: by sathya. Reason: adding P.S.

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 5 days ago #25934

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
@sathya - You are not running the latest build. In the DT Register Control Panel, it would say 3.1.7c if that's what you were running.

The download package from My Orders is ALWAYS the very latest package. It's not ever going to show an "a", "b", etc... until you unzip it and find the actual install packages.

All update instructions are included in the package readme file. You won't lose any existing records or other data.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 4 days ago #25936

• w2kd
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
If the email exception is related to hosting the emails separately to the web hosting I changed the joomla email setting to "sendmail" from "php mail" and this fixed it for me as it doesn't raise the same exception.

It would be good it the exceptions information is log somewhere so the root cause can be identified.

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 3 days ago #25940

• ksgcomm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nathan -

Sathya & I installed from MY ORDERS tab the latest DT Register package and also tried switching between PHP mail and sendmail - The test email feature works but when the user completes registration, it fails to send email and throws "Invalid address: Region1AnnualRetreat"(Region1AnnualRetreat is the label coming from "configuration -> emails -> from name")

So the issue still exists and users are confused whether their registration was successful.

Any other thing we could try?

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds