Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a

[SOLVED] Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 3 weeks ago #25834

• toolbox
  • toolbox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
After installing the "fix" update 3.1.7a, I now get the error: "Could not instantiate mail function" when confirming a booking.

I have checked global Configuration in Joomla and successfully sent a test email via PHP mail.

Can you help please?

TB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 2 weeks ago #25869

• toolbox
  • toolbox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Installing now another update (3.1.7b) and I am STILL not able to send confirmation emails. Error message is: Notice Could not instantiate mail function.

Anyone have any clues?

Emails Not Sending with latest update 3.1.7b 8 years 2 weeks ago #25871

• Alaskan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
We are also having an email issue where admin notification emails are not being received after a registration comes in. (I do not know if the registrants are receiving a confirmation email or not.) We have GoDaddy hosting and email and I have spent tons of time on the phone with them, all to no avail. What is weird is that sometimes the emails do come through. I have updated to the latest DT Register. I am at my wits end with this and can't figure out what is going on.

Last Edit: by Alaskan.

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 2 weeks ago #25888

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Yes, there was an admin notification email issue within 3.1.7a, but it has been resolved (and confirmed by many users) in 3.1.7b.

@toolbox - I addressed this in your ticket and confirmed the issues were tied to your mail server... not DT Register.

@Alaskan - I didn't see a ticket for you on this. Are you on 3.1.7b or 3.1.7a? Note that if the emails arrive sometimes, but not every time... that tells you that DT Register is doing it's job of creating the emails... but the job of sending them (your mail server) is not always happening. Depending on your setup somewhere (Joomla config or settings in DT Reg), you are doing something that your mail server is not a fan of.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 1 week ago #25890

• Alaskan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Nathan,
Thanks for the response.
Please see my other post at:
www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=...870&Itemid=141#25876
I believe the email not sending issue was related to the upload files field somehow. If someone didn't add a file to upload the next button would advance page to an error (which I provided in the other post) and no emails would be sent but the registration was logged in the back end. If i remove the upload field, the error does not show and things proceed as expected. So, in this case, I do not think the email issue is related to the host and email servers or Joomla email config.
I didn't put in a ticket because others report similar issues and the forum often seems quicker than ticket system. If you wish for me to put in a ticket I will.
Thanks.

Emails Not Setting with latest update 3.1.7a 8 years 1 week ago #25891

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Alaskan - we can confirm the issue with upload fields and are now looking into that. The email not sending is just a byproduct of that upload field issue. There is no email issue on its own however.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alaskan

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds