Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing)

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 3 months ago #25516

• AlexR
  • AlexR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Just wondering why the member name does not appear in the summary page (see attached).

Also trying to edit the column heading (#, Member Name, Action) and can't seem to find the item to set up a language override entry.

Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Joomla Version: 2.528
DTRegister: 2.8.17b
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by AlexR.

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 3 months ago #25519

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
That is expecting use of fields "firstname" and "lastname". There is no setting to change that... so if you wanted to change it, you'd have to modify the code itself.

Regarding text, ALL text like that IS in the language file...

/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_dtregister.ini

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 3 months ago #25520

• AlexR
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I see what I had done. I created two new fields (first_name & last_name) as I could see the "Each member" option was not available in the default settings. I disabled the pre-installed ones so that the registrant only needed to add the names once (for each member) in a group signup

Essentially what I wanted was to collect info from each member (name and age only) and then on the final billing page I only needed to collect the address, phone etc.

I was able to accomplish this by creating two new fields to collect first and last name and set the group registration to (each member for groups registrations).

Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

When using the pre-installed fields the first name and and last name fields appear on the billing page and I don't need to have the member re-insert it again.

If there is another way to accomplish this without modifying the code it would be great.

Otherwise, could you point me in the direction as to which file I need to edit to "point" the first name & last name to my new field items?
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Last Edit: by AlexR.

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 3 months ago #25522

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The default firstname and lastname fields (as well as "email") HAVE to be on the group billing page... which is why you can see you're not able to set it otherwise. Records listings... registrant emails, etc... all use those default fields.

Your group billing page may not always need a name field as sometimes it is the same as one of the members... but it isn't always. Regardless, that has to be there. Having someone type a name in there is much less complicated than trying to have other fields and/or making code changes.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 3 months ago #25526

• AlexR
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Actually I did manage to not have the names on the billing page when using two new field types to collect names. The problem I was running into is based the use of DT Register: Parents signing up their kids for classes, where the member names collected are the kids rather than the parents.

I set up the group registration so the name I am collecting is the child's name and age. If the parents want to sign up more than one child they choose the group option. So what is actually happening is the parents name is only collected at the billing stage (new parent name fields) since they are not actually signing up themselves.

Hence having the firstname lastname fields associated with one of the two children creates even more confusion on the billing page.

The workaround I created was to disable the pre-installed firstname lastname and added my own Student First Name/Last Name and Parent FirstName/LastName.

It been working ok so far until the new summary page . The only issue now is the blank column of the "Member Name". If I can link it to the newly created Student FirstName/LastName all can proceed as usual. Unless there is another way that I haven't figure out yet or considered.

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 3 months ago #25529

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
What you are doing is an incredibly common usage of DT Register. You should use the default firstname / lastname fields for BOTH members and billing. Just keep the field labels as "First Name" / "Last Name". Then change the language file so "Member" says "Student"... and "Billing Information" (label above final form page) says "Parent Information". That would make more sense... help to remove any confusion... and allow DT Register to work as intended. Not using those default fields affects more than just the view you are looking at on that confirmation page.

This is how DT Register has always worked. Nothing related to any of this has changed... probably ever. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 3.209 seconds