Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing)

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 3 months ago #25531

• AlexR
  • AlexR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So just to clarify about the first name last name field items that appear on the billing page:

The firstname / lastname is for the parents so, for example, in a group registration of two students, I would have collected both kid's names during the member pages and then on the billing page I would be collecting the parents name?

The only other consideration is that there is a class for adults so in all likelihood there is no Parent/Child Relationship and the billing page would in most cases be the same person registering. In that case renaming the billing page to "Parent Information" would not be appropriate. However, in this scenario the person signing up would be a "single" signup. Keeping it as "Billing Information" probably makes more sense.

I realize that the system has always worked this way :) , however the summary page (that spells out the member names) is new, I think (and great!)

EDIT: How do I differentiate the list of names in email tags? I had made up emails that identified the students and parents using tags.

EDIT 2: In testing the single person registration with the setup you suggest the registration process does not appear to be conducive to the parent/student relationship. If a parent is signing up only one child there is only one place to collect names (The student). There is no "Billing Information" page for the parents to add in there name like I see in a group registration. Unless there is a config setting I'm missing, this will be even more confusing then how I had it before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by AlexR.

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 2 months ago #25642

• AlexR
  • AlexR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Checking in as my last inquiry has gone unanswered.

Blank Summary Info (Member Name Missing) 8 years 2 months ago #25643

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You should set your event to do group registration only with a minimum group size of 1. Then you'll always have the separate student and parent areas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexR

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds