Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Got Paid - but NO registration data!

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16532

• andybon
  • andybon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well this is a strange one!...

I have an event set for PayPal payment only.

99% of registrations are fine... but I just had one person somehow manage to pay online without the system catching any registration data at all - Surely that shouldn't be possible?!!!!!!

I've tried to search for any sign of the registration on the back-end but can't see it. Can see the money received from PayPal and the person confirms he didn't just go to PayPal independent of the registration system (it took him there after he filled everything in)....

Next in my attempt to see any record of his registration I want to look at the DB tables direct - can anyone tell me which DB table I need to look at for event registration data - I can't work out which table it's stored in!

Thanks!

(I'm on latest version of DT Reg and Joomla 2.5.0 when this happened)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16534

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Andy, if this happens, it is an IPN issue. If the user closes the browser after paying or goes elsewhere instead of clicking to return to your site, the record will never be created unless IPN is able to successfully communicate with your site. Check:

- IPN must be enabled in the PayPal account
- sending of IPN messages must be enabled (option that shows in some accounts)
- auto-return must be OFF in the account
- site permissions need to be correct (755 directories and 644 files from the top level down)
- no firewall blocking IPN. This could be from extensions like RS Firewall or some other setup on your hosting account/server

Those are the main things that could be an issue. In the database, there is a "dtregister_session" table that contains the data prior to being sent to PayPal. It's not in a clean, user-friendly format, but you can at least dig through the data and pull it who it was and the form field data collected. That never gets automatically converted into an actual record unless payment is confirmed. That is the job of PayPal IPN if the user doesn't return to your site.

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16537

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the swift assistance - I'll look into things a bit more now you've helped me understand how this could have happened. Keep up the relentless good work! :D

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16540

• andybon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hmm... It was such an isolated case then maybe it was an issue with PayPal or as you indicate may be the case his firewall blocking PayPal communicating... I'll just monitor PayPal income in future a bit more closely...

Quick question though - I see back-end DT Reg is an option to filter records by 'failed attempts' - what is a 'failed attempt' at registration? I wondered if this particular case should have got picked up by that - but it didn't.

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16541

• JosB
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Sometimes i've got the same issue, only with iDeal-payments. Why are the registration-details not recorded in the database after the registrant accepts the general terms?

I really don't get this, there is an agreement after accepting the general terms.

Regards, Jos

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16542

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Andy - ignore the "failed attempts". That's actually connected to Authorize.net, but is about to go away.

Guys... we're actually in the middle of overhauling the session usage of registrations to help with various, inconsistent oddities that occasionally pop up. ALSO, in the process, we are creating a new record type of INCOMPLETE which will be created after submitting from the confirmation page. Once payment is received, the status will be changed to Active/Pending. This way, if a payment fails for any reason or a user simply doesn't complete the payment process, you still have a record that you have the ability to make into an active registrant. This is in progress. Will take a little time, but will hopefully be added to the package in the next week or so.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds