Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Got Paid - but NO registration data!

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16547

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

we are creating a new record type of INCOMPLETE which will be created after submitting from the confirmation page. Once payment is received, the status will be changed to Active/Pending. This way, if a payment fails for any reason or a user simply doesn't complete the payment process, you still have a record that you have the ability to make into an active registrant.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, I cannot wait for this feature!!! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16550

• andybon
  • andybon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ah yes - That's fantastic news re: upcoming plans to make this more robust....

I've now got more info on what caused my isolated issue - as suggested as one of the possible reasons above - it was PayPal freezing - then the guy went to lunch - came back saw it was still 'stuck' (hours later!) then clicked back button to Joomla and submitted again....

So I'm happy that the above is very unusual behaviour (only happened once in 000's of DT Registrations I've had) and I'm super happy re: the comments above on this thread re: upcoming robustness improvements :-)

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 12 years 2 months ago #16607

• dougbuchan
  • Banned
  • Banned
I just wanted to post to this issue as well:

We're running an annual conference registration using DTRegister for the first time. It's been a pleasure and a curse. Of course DT has an excellent product that meets most of our needs.

Regarding Paypal, however, our sole payment method: We are only receiving registration records on 1/2 of our conference registrants that pay. This is horrible for a 1000 member conference! We're at almost 250 missing records and counting!!

We're noticing a few flaws in the system, which DT is aware of. One major one is that it seems Registrants MUST click Return to Site from Paypal to complete the record. Many do not do this. It seems this should NOT be a required last step.

Ultimately, until DT gets this fixed, be VERY cautious about checking your Paypal IPNs against your records to make sure more aren't slipping through the cracks.

Doug

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 11 years 11 months ago #17596

• amsellis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Can someone PLEASE walk me through the steps to check PayPal IPN's agains records. We have lost many registration records. Is the data somewhere in the backend? I am pretty new to all of this and want to be able to enter these records, manually if need be...

Thank you!

Amber
www.1stgeardriving.com

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 11 years 11 months ago #17601

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
@amsellis - answered your ticket. IPN issue most likely, but considering you are using a year and a half old version of DT Register, that's the first step for you to fix.

@dougbuchan - Just to address your comment saying users must click the return to site link at PayPal for a record to be completed... that is completely false. If that is the case on your site, it is 100% a PayPal IPN problem. We listed above (and many other posts... and the readme file...) what elements must be active for IPN to work correctly. It's a setup problem, not a bug.

Got Paid - but NO registration data! 11 years 11 months ago #17612

• bdonner
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have had lots of problems with Paypal IPN and DT Register too. Last year, for a 250 participants event, the communication back from Paypal to DT Register worked for only about 70% of the registrations. I never got trough to what the problem was (the Paypal IPN history gave 404 errors but the sime responded fine when I tried and every single time when I resubmitted the IPN URL found in Paypals history - and in that way by manually giving the IPN URLs in my browser I got all registrations to display in DT Register).

Cheers Ben

Time to create page: 0.879 seconds