Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 11 years 3 months ago #19741

• saga_admin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree that it would be a great feature to have the ability to be able to define member discount by ACL group. I’m trying a work around using a membership extension that allows the assigning of paid members to a specific “current member” group and then using the DTRegister categories to display Events to the group. One category is set to “Registered” access and the second is set to “Current Member” access. So the registered user will see one price and the current member would see a different one. The drawback here is that I have to create 2 Events for each Event in order to handle the pricing difference. Assigning one Event to the “Registered” category and the other to the “Current Member” category. Another drawback is that it limits the ability to use the JEvents integration as the DT Event and JEvent is a one to one setup. There are couple of other drawbacks but don’t need to get into them
here.

So, I hope they add the ability to select an ACL group to define member pricing at the event level to the product’s road map and find it in a future release of DT Register.

Does anyone know "how" the system tells if a person is "registered" or not in order to apply the member discount? Is it in the PHP, JS, or database side?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 10 years 3 months ago #22587

• wowza2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
3.5 years later and still no support for this basic functionality??? !!! :evil:

A kludge, to support this for Community Builder users at least, would be to allow Conditional Options on a field to work based on Hidden Fields and allow Hidden fields to be used in the frontend definition of event fields. That way the hidden field could be Profiled Synced with a cb_ field and then multiple fields based on that condition could be defined with different fees. Now one can only do this with a visible Profile Synced field that the user can change because the View Only Profile Data option is too restrictive, allowing for protection of populated fields for all or no events rather than by field in an event - another suggested enhancement!

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 10 years 3 months ago #22589

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
This functionality IS added... this post just wasn't replied to. It was discussed in other threads too though. A MUCH enhanced member discount structure was implemented in 2.8.10 / 3.0.6... and this was mentioned in all announcements of the release.

You can set multiple member discount levels, based on user groups, as default options. Then within each event, you can set custom discounts if needed.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 10 years 3 months ago #22590

• wowza2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nathan, thank you for your quick, polite and helpful reply. :D

I am new to dth products and so had not seen the link to DTH News articles, esp., http://www.dthdevelopment.com/dth-news/dt-register-3.0.6-released-for-joomla-3.2.html , nor the relevant post regarding Registration by member/nonmember and discounts by dates at http://www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=91&jfile=viewtopic.php&f=537&t=10628&p=22506&hilit=multiple+member+discount#p22506 because it didn't mention ACL as this post did - I should have searched for "access level". :oops:

The other major reason I missed it was that the current PDF Support Manual is only for 2.7.x. I hope an update is in the works so all DT Register capabilities are easily discoverable. :?:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds