• Page:

TOPIC: [ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 13 years 8 months ago #8656

• internetty66
  • internetty66's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
In our case we have two different member levels and for every level we would like to have different pricing.
Meaning there is a standard member (Joomla access level "registered") and a premium member (Joomla access level "special") ...dependant on the level the person who registers for an event should get the correct price displayed. Standard member pays f.i. € 40.00 while the premium member pays just € 20.00.

I do not want to create a custom field where the user himself has to say what membership he has, while in the system we have defined this via standard Joomla access level already.
I would rather like to see custom fields to be extended with the Joomla access level in same way it is used for standard Joomla articles, categories etc. as this would allow me to create two custom fields with different prices.

I have workarounded this by using discount codes and communicate the code to the premium members only so that they can benefit from the reduced price while standard members need to pay the full price.

But as stated it is a workaround and requires the user to use a code that identifies them as a premium member - while this should be done by the system (DT Register) as they are already classified via standard Joomla access level.
Especially when you use JACL Plus or other ACL tools.
And this will become even more a high desirable feature when Joomla 1.6 comes out.

May I kindly ask you for a statement in this threat whether this enhancement will be part of next major release of DT Register which is 2.7 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 13 years 7 months ago #9192

• internetty66
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Any feedback on this enhancement request ?
I am raising this again as DT Register 2.7 will be ready soon from what I have heard.

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 13 years 6 months ago #9340

• internetty66
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Any news ?

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 13 years 6 months ago #9341

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Different pricing based on ACL level is not part of 2.7. This will most likely be added to the version built for Joomla 1.6 as much more support for ACL based features are added there. 2.7 moves closer in this direction though, but not quite all the way.

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 11 years 7 months ago #18802

• xtian999
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Team,

Again, I think your product is excellent, and your support has been helpful. However, I simply cannot stress enough how important it is to be able to affect the price of an event based on a user's assigned Group (or ACL) in Joomla. What is frustrating is that you already have the core of the feature included with the discount fee but it is mostly useless since it is applied if a user is simply registered on the site. The product you've built is so incredibly complex and feature rich yet this issue which was brought up more than 2 years ago is causing considerable pain. If DT Register is sophisticated enough to look at a logged in user and know whether they even have access to register for an event (based on access level), can't this also be leveraged to apply an appropriate discount of the event fee?

Can someone respond with a solution to this issue or workaround that does not include the user selecting their access level or having to apply a coupon code?

Lastly, if your product wasn't as good as it truly is, I probably wouldn't be as frustrated that something like this was missing. So kudos for making such a great product, but I respectfully ask that this be addressed ASAP.

[ADDED] Different prices based on ACL level 11 years 7 months ago #18825

• global
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Have you tried asking them what it would cost if you fund that feature? We've gotten several great features added to DT Register over the last year because we paid for the development of those features, and then they were rolled into the public release (which we have no problem with). Small features tend to be only a few hundred dollars, more advanced features can get up in the $1500 (or more) range, but if your only other option is to pay for a completely custom registration system, this is CHEAP comparatively.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.732 seconds