Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Customise Event registration mail and messages (& load of plugins)

Customise Event registration mail and messages (& load of plugins) 9 years 4 months ago #23953

• Frankyboy
  • Frankyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I would like to add usefull info during the registration process.

Three questions /issues / feature requests actually.

• I can set several massages but not the one above the Event List and not the very first screen where I choose between individual or group registration. Can I set the message shown here or do I have to dig into the language files? In that case I assume I cannot use HTML.

• One other wish is to be able to use other messages for logged in users and guest. (I want to alert them to the member discount!) There are very nice plugins for that but DTRegisyter does not load this plugin. The developer of this plugin is is only one line of code to make DTRegister to load the plugin but how to do that??

I use this very nice plugin but it does not work in the DTRegister messages:
www.form2content.com/download/joomla-content-restriction-plugin .

• The emails send can be customized with HTML and I forced the editor to use absolute URL for this component because the default relative urls gave failures. This does work but unfortunately I use a DTRegister field that contains an URL (and added the all fields tag) but in this way this link is relative again and does not work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Customise Event registration mail and messages (& load of plugins) 9 years 4 months ago #23960

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
1) That message above the event list comes from the language file at /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_dtregister.ini. You CAN use HTML in language files.

2) We will check out the plugin. You want to use it for the onscreen messages displayed from DT Register, right?

3) I assume the field you created is a textual field type? Any hard-coded links used in emails must be made with the full absolute URL. DT Register does not change your URLs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds