• Page:

TOPIC: One step sign up

One step sign up 11 years 2 months ago #20097

• AlexR
  • AlexR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm not sure if this has been asked (forum search yielded no results) butI was wondering if its possible to configure a sign up to skip the middle step where the system ask to confirm details.

Where I would like to see this is in cases where the user is already logged in and the fields are already pre-populated with their contact info.

The extra step is especially cumbersome if someone is signing up for multiple events in cart.

Right now after choosing the event to sign up they see
1) Registration Page with their USER INFORMATION then next step
2) Confirmation Page then next step
3) Cart
4) Register for another event
Repeat----
5) Registration Page with their USER INFORMATION then next step
6) Confirmation Page then next step

and so on and so on then
----Repeat----
4) Checkout

Ideally if there was a way to skip the "Confirmation Page" (step 2, 6...) that would be ideal (Note: This is set up as a single registration only)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One step sign up 10 years 9 months ago #21437

• AlexR
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Any thoughts on this?

One step sign up 10 years 8 months ago #21444

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Alex, there is no way presently in DT Reg to skip the confirmation page. It is a very important step in the registration process and the session that's being built. Adding an option to skip this page would require MANY changes and extensive testing afterwards.

While the majority of people want the confirmation page, we do know there are occasional people that would like the option to remove it on certain events. I'm moving this to the feature request category and we'll keep it in mind for future development. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

One step sign up 10 years 8 months ago #21447

• AlexR
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Nathan.

I see the importance of it, but I have found it cumbersome when adding several events to a cart, particularly when a user is logged in and the user data is already pre-populated.

One step sign up 10 years 7 months ago #21731

• soccerbum
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
For what it's worth, this has been a cumbersome step for my users for years and I hear (mild) complaints about it but have brushed them off. However, it would definitely be great to skip the confirmation page when a registrant's details have already been prepopulated for him/her.

In fact that reminds me of a bug we used to encounter where people were so used to ignoring the confirmation page, they'd immediately hit 'Next' on that confirmation page before the software had done its calculation on how much the registrant would owe and we'd see folks signed up as 'free' because they were trigger happy. Haven't heard about it in awhile so think that one's gone, but the broader point was to illustrate my folks would certainly love the ability to skip the confirmation page.

Perhaps, as an idea to help enable implementation, skipping the confirmation page could depend upon how many fields were pre-populated? For example if I have a first name, but no last name in my user profile I'd get a confirmation page (because presumably that person would have to manually type their last name in). However if both fields have data in them we skip the confirmation page and go straight to payments. If a registration is messed up in anyway due to this, the registrant would know for next time to get their user details in order to save them the annoyance of a confirmation page.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds