Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: User login Option On Registration Type Selection Page

User login Option On Registration Type Selection Page 11 years 3 months ago #19786

• card1concepts
  • card1concepts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

Maybe there is already a way to do this but I can't find an intuitive way to do so.

It's seems kind of a pain for users who are already registered user of the site to get half way through an event registration process to find that they forgot to login first. Which means they have to navigate away from the registration form they just filled out, login and start all over.

It would make sense to add a feature to DT Register for admins to choose to show or hide a login box that asks users already registered on the site to login prior to registering for an event. This would work well on the "select registration type" page or at the top of an individual registration form.

Currently the way the dt register system works or I am only aware of you can do is choose auto-joomla user creation which adds a box at the top of the registration page saying to create a username and password or to login prior to registering but whats missing is the login form and a redirect right back to the registration page a user is currently on. The current set up forces an already registered user to have to back step and login using a login form in another module position which usually has been set up to redirect to a specific area on the site and then navigate back to the event to register for it .

To make things even more confusing and not very user friendly, if you want to use the detailed group registration and say a user adds 10 members they are not reminded about logging in prior to registering until they get to the billing page at the end of the registration process. Which is a bummer to the person who just entered a bunch of info for 10 members and has to go back to the start, login and enter the info all over again.

I suppose you could turn on overlap check to force users to login first or to register first but that kind of makes the event registration private over public and not very user friendly either and is in my opinion a band aid fix.

So why not add the functionality to add the choice to include a user login box to the beginning of the registration process that will redirect a user right back to the event they are registering for right at the start of the registration process?

If there is a solution to this already I would love to know it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

User login Option On Registration Type Selection Page 10 years 8 months ago #21678

• jayski
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
That is exactly what we are looking for. Seems like basic functionality that should be available on a system like this.

Can we please get an answer to this? This is a paid component and at $75 a pop or a crazy $500+ I would appreciate an answer to a very fundamental usability question.

User login Option On Registration Type Selection Page 10 years 8 months ago #21680

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Obviously DT Register doesn't have this functionality built-in currently or you would know it. :) This would be a great feature, yes, and we are certainly considering it. There are hundreds of great new features to consider at all times. What is a fundamental feature for you is not to everyone else... and what is fundamental to someone else is something you will never use. We do our best to continue adding functionality that we believe is the best improvement for the most users.

Of course, if this is a big concern to you immediately, you can make the event private so the login is required. This of course could be done per event... so only on events where it makes the most sense for you. It doesn't have to be all or nothing (like the overlapping event check would be).

Anyway... feature request noted and we hope we can get it to the table soon. Thanks for your input!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds