• Page:

TOPIC: Filter Events by Category

Filter Events by Category 11 years 11 months ago #17746

• gmarsh
  • gmarsh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
It would be very helpful to be able to filter the event list by Category in the backend. The category classification is very helpful for displaying on the front end, but not as useful in the admin. A category filter would amend that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Filter Events by Category 9 years 10 months ago #23507

• lownotes
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm surprised more people haven't requested this. I find the backend very hard to use and even harder for less techical event managers to use. No way to filter by category. That seems so obvious and simple. And what is the point of the current filter. So i have 100 events in my view, not filterable and above there is a dropdown filter of the same 100 events. Please explain what the point is of that filter.

My only guess is that DTH Development thinks that is supposed to be a category filter and it's broken and they don't know it.

Filter Events by Category 9 years 2 weeks ago #24370

• lownotes
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
This still baffles me.

What is the point of the Event Filter?????

Please add a category filter to the admin event listing.

Filter Events by Category 8 years 5 months ago #25081

• galbur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
This is a very old issue

It's not only the missing category-filter (it's done now, i think) it's the missing Sorting-Functionality!

DT Register is an Event-Managing Tool but the Core-Business (Event Managing) is really hard to do! With hundreds of Events its pratcitcally impossible to handle all this events in the Backend.

There are so many of features in this tool. Some of them i really appreciate but the most i don't need.

But what i really need is

- Sortable Tables in the Backend
- Event Date (or Event Start Date) instead of Event-Time. It doesn't help me to see 60 times 16.00 -20.00 in the main view, or "fee Ordering". or "Admin Email" ( i know my E-Mail!) instead of something important like "Date" or "Past Event"

I'm not shure (im not a developrer) but sorting tables seems to be a core-funtionality in joomla.
Why not in DT Register?
(btw: You have it in the Records table)

Thank you
Chris

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds