• Page:

TOPIC: [BUG] Registration management and custom fields

[BUG] Registration management and custom fields 16 years 3 months ago #633

• Feldon
  • Feldon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
(I'll just keep pelting you with bugs/features, haha) 1) I created an event via JEvents. 2) I created a series of custom fields and published them. 3) I then created a DTRegister event, selecting the above JEvents from the list. I filled in the appropriate fields. By default all the custom fields were pre-selected as Yes. I went down the list and changed the ones to No that I didn't want. I hit Save. 4) I opened the event again and all the custom fields were reset to NULL (neither Yes or No)! I had to go down and select everything again. When I hit Save it actually saved this time. Clearly, the custom fields shouldn't have reset to NULL. To build on this, and perhaps create a feature request, perhaps you shouldn't worry about publishing custom fields. Rather, on the custom field creation screen, there should be an option to decide whether the custom field should be set to Yes or No by default when you create an event on the registration management screen. That way I can choose Yes for custom fields I expect to use a lot, and No for those I don't expect to use much. A secondary bug... 1) I created an event via JEvents. 2) I created custom fields. 3) I created a DTRegister event (and after a couple tries got the custom field options to save correctly). 4) I deleted the DTRegister event. 5) I created a new DTRegister event, selecting the same JEvents event. I went through and changed the custom field Yes/No options and saved. 6) I went and viewed the DTRegister event, but this time, rather than being set to NULL, the options were set to whatever the originally deleted DTRegister custom field options were set to! i.e. they were set the same as the event created in step 3! I think all of this may have been in the same session of Joomla admin, not sure. Something a little screwy going on at any rate. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds