• Page:

TOPIC: Member Discount and Custom Field Fees not working

Member Discount and Custom Field Fees not working 16 years 3 months ago #615

• richrobinson
  • richrobinson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm hoping this is just something I'm missing in the setup, but I've got two problems. (1) Member Discounts don't discount... I've got member discounts turned on. It's set to "percent" and the number 15 is in the amount field. But when I log in, I'm not getting the discount. I've tried it with dollars and with percent. Is there anything else I'm missing? (2) Custom Field Fees don't display, don't charge. I selected "radio" and "Yes|No" in the values and "15|0" in the fees field. The Fees check box is checked. I'm using DT Register 2.1.4 and JEvents 1.4.2 on a hotfixed Joomla 1.0.13 install. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Member Discount and Custom Field Fees not working 16 years 3 months ago #616

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Regarding the member discount, I don't know what the problem would be. No one has reported an issue with that before. Email us your site details (admin login, FTP) and we'll check it out. Regarding the custom fields, after creating the fields, they do not automatically show up in your registration forms. This is so you can use a custom field only on certain events if you want. So go to the Registration Manager where you can setup and edit the events... click on the event you want the custom field on, then you'll see a list of custom fields at the bottom of the event details with a "Yes / No" next to each one. You need to mark "Yes" to make that custom field show up on your form.

Member Discount and Custom Field Fees not working 16 years 3 months ago #617

• richrobinson
  • richrobinson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I do actually have the custom field showing up, just no fees and no cost changes...you can see it here: http://www.ohioite.org/payments/ Click on Register for events, and register for "Second Test Thingy" The additional field does show up ("Include Dinner") but it's supposed to cost $15... (BTW, when you do this, on the page that lists the events, you'll see a small problem with the formatting. When you show the number of registered users, it adds a column to the table, but doesn't increase the colspan value of the table header. This leaves a column outside the display area. I was just gonna fix it myself, but I figured I'd point it out so you can tweak it in the release, too.) To whom do I send the site details? (What email address?)

Member Discount and Custom Field Fees not working 16 years 3 months ago #618

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I emailed you back...

Member Discount and Custom Field Fees not working 16 years 3 months ago #619

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I created a user on your site, logged in and went to the registration. It showed: Please fill out the form below to register for this event. Your total Registration cost: $85.00 (Member discount $15) This is working fine. When I am NOT logged in, the cost says $100. Regarding the custom fee fields, the display at the top of the page where it say the registration cost does NOT change when you click on certain fields. However, the amount of the transaction will be modified based upon your field choices. According to your email, your authorize.net was not completely setup so you could not have accurately tested this part yet. Get your auth.net ready to go, setup in the component, then you'll find all is well. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds