Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Install failure - what do I need to get this to work?

Install failure - what do I need to get this to work? 16 years 3 months ago #576

• otggroup
  • otggroup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Just picked up a copy of DT Register and it fails to install correctly on Joomla 1.0.13. JEvents 1.4.2 - with or without the 1.4.2 Patch (which installs fine) has been installed prior to install of DT Register. Does DT Register 2.1.4 run with PHP Version: 5.2.5 my research shows that it may not be compatible? SUMMARY: The PHP script is rendered as text and at the bottom is the following when Setting display_errors = On in the PHP.INI Fatal error: Call to undefined function com_install() in E:Joomla<domain>administratorcomponentscom_installerco mponentcomponent.class.php on line 193 The component files are copied over and installed as they should. Doing a CTRL F5 in the browser reloads the page and one can see that the tables are now created. Uninstall also fails and I must delete the DT directories manually. Fatal error: Call to undefined function com_uninstall() in E:Joomla<domain>administratorcomponentscom_installerco mponentcomponent.class.php on line 285 Initially I thought something was wrong with the current Joomla installation that was being used so I setup a clean install of a sub-domain with a seperate database just for the test in MySQL and the same failure occurs. So looking at the directory structure everything looks to be in place, the tables get created after a CTRL F5, and the menu system is present to manage DT Register. Selecting any of the menu options one gets the following: Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in E:Joomla<domain>administratorcomponentscom_dtregistera dmin.dtregister.php on line 294 Digging around this looks to be something related to older versions of PHP, we run PHP Version: 5.2.5 on Windows. SELF HOSTED CONFIGURATION: Windows NT 5.2 build 3790 Database Version: 5.0.45-community-nt PHP Version: 5.2.5 Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] 21 July 2007 16:00 UTC JEvents 1.4.2 - with the 1.4.2 Patch (which installs fine) NOTE: On the other Joomla installation items such as VirtueMart, DocMan, JoomlaBoard, AdsManager, and JEvents are installed and run fine. Anyone else running DT Register with the same configuration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds