Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Payment Options Selection Form and payment form not

[SOLVED] Payment Options Selection Form and payment form not 16 years 4 months ago #421

• bbaptista
  • bbaptista's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am new to the system and was experimenting to setup a PayPayl only environment and somehow the payment option screen and payment screen will not show anymore as if the event has a $0 amount in it. The first page for all my reservations now go automatically to the "individual/group" selection screen, i.e. no payment selection screen and does not go to PayPal even if I set it up to "live". I've also set the Authorize.Net and eCheck options to "live

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Payment Options Selection Form and payment form not 16 years 4 months ago #422

• bbaptista
  • bbaptista's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am able to circumvent this situation by manually deleting and reentering all the events from DTRegister and tweaked the 'live' flags and now the system is working properly, i.e. it skips the "payment option" and it goes to PayPal after I hit the send button. My only suspicion is there is something in the database that is making the system think that the old events were all $0 events and therefore no payment is required. The reason for this guess is because the behavior did not change after I reinstalled DTRegister.

[SOLVED] Payment Options Selection Form and payment form not 16 years 4 months ago #423

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Let me explain how this works. What you are seeing is not wrong. When you set it up for PayPal only, it will skip the payment type selection as that is not needed. It will go straight to a PayPal payment form. This form gathers user info only and NO PAYMENT details as they are not needed. They will take care of that at the PayPal site. So, it looks similar to the Free Event form because there is not a Payment Information section. This is what we consider the PRE-PayPal form... making sure you gather all of the user data in the DT Register database before sending the user to the PayPal site. This has nothing to do with events already being setup in JEvents prior to the installation of DT Register because the JEvents has no setting of price. It also has nothing to do with if you have PayPal, Authorize.net or anything else set to Live or Test. IF you set the price of an event in DT Register to $0, it will use the Free registration form and not use PayPal or any other form of payment of course... it is free. What you are describing is normal and correct. YES, it will look different than if you had the Authorize.net option in place. There is no need for a user to select Auth.net or PayPal if you only offer PayPal. All is well... just keep going :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds