• Page:

TOPIC: emails

emails 16 years 4 months ago #375

• dlamparty
  • dlamparty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I was just wondering. Is the following (Bare LFs in emails) an issue with Joomla, DT Register or PHPMailer? I have not seen any issue with emails generated by Joomla only with email that are generated by certain components, however, I cannot be 100% positive. Woyzeck

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Sent: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:11:05 -0600 Subject: New Registration The following recipient(s) could not be reached: [email protected] Error Type: SMTP Error Description: Error message from remote server Message: 451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html. . Tried 5 time(s)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

emails 16 years 4 months ago #376

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
How do you have your email settings in the global config? It looks like that message failed because it was sent to a fake email address.

emails 16 years 4 months ago #377

• dlamparty
  • dlamparty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry.... I guess that I should have indicated that I changed the email address to [email protected] ;D The email address to which the email was sent was a valid email address. The email was rejected by their server as it did not meet the RFCs for STMP Protocol, specifically dealing with Bare LFs. Woyzeck

emails 16 years 4 months ago #378

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Please provide the settings you are using for Mail in the Global Config. DT Register uses Joomla's mosMail function for sending the mail.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds