TOPIC: Default option selected at Payment Options

Default option selected at Payment Options 15 years 3 months ago #3251

• angekay
  • angekay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello!

I have two payment options set up: PayPal & Pay by Mail. Unfortunately, neither of the radio fields is set by default (I\'d like Pay by Mail to be set by default). A good number of our members are not very computer-savvy (older generation), and I would like to make this is as easy as possible for them by having a default selection. On a test registration from a member, not having a default selection (she didn\'t check either box) loops to a blank page and sends out the registration to admin as Payment Type: Free - which is not offered.

Also, where do I go to change the words \"Your total Registration cost\"? I can\'t find it in english.dtregister.php (in components-dtr, not admin/comp-dtr).

Thanks so much!
~A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Default option selected at Payment Options 15 years 2 months ago #3309

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Sorry for the delay angekay. There is not a method of setting one payment method as automatically selected. However you should not be able to proceed without selecting an option. Not sure how someone got through because we can not replicate that. Anyway...

First, make sure you are using the latest release, which is currently 2.3.7. Then open this file:
/components/com_dtregister/dtregister.php

Around line 6482 you\'ll find this:

<input type=\"radio\" id=\"paymentmethod\" name=\"paymentmethod\" value=\"paypal\"><?php echo PAYPAL;?>

Replace this code with:

<input type=\"radio\" id=\"paymentmethod\" checked=\"checked\" name=\"paymentmethod\" value=\"paypal\"><?php echo PAYPAL;?>

That will made PayPal the default payment choice.

Regarding changing the text for \"Total Registration Cost\", it IS in the language file. It shows like this:

define(\"TOTAL_REGISTRATION_COST\",\"Your total Registration cost\");

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.776 seconds