• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #329

• npt
  • npt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This is still an issue for me-- more info: I found the code: $sql="Update #__comprofiler Set cb_cardtype='$cardtype', cb_creditcardnumber='$creditCardNumber', cb_expdate='$expirationDate', cb_cvv='$cardCode' Where user_id=$userId I looked in my schema in the comprofiler table and indeed in the community builder I have each of these columns. So it appears that whatever my problem is, it's not lack of correct database columns. But I notice also that nothing is saved in any of these fields for anyone (even though I've tried to "save info" several times). I don't really have time to do this, but maybe I'll attempt to debug if I get a free moment. Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #330

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Found the problem. This is not a problem with the component, but an issue related to your server. GoDaddy hosted sites usually have this problem. It is a SSL verifier problem. On your site, not only was payment info not saved, but the entire auth.net transaction did not go through... no record in the backend... no email from auth.net. Payment info was not saved because the transaction didn't actually go through. There is a line in the authorize.net code that looks like this: curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE); // uncomment this line if you get no gateway response. This line is commented out by default. We uncommented this line for your site and everything now works. Thanks. I'm marking this thread as solved now.

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #331

• npt
  • npt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for taking the time and effort to fix this. For the record (for everyone out there), my site is not hosted by GoDaddy, but my SSL certificate is through them. Will I need to make this change in DT_Donate? Thank you Robert

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #332

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes, you will need to do the same for DT Donate. This is not just a GoDaddy related issue... that is just where we've seen it the most. It is an issue that can appear depending on how your server handles CURL statements as well as your SSL setup. For anyone experiencing a lack of functionality with the authorize.net payments, this is likely the problem.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds