• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #323

• npt
  • npt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
On firefox (but not IE7!) A "save information" field appears: "Check this box if you would like to save your payment information for future use on this website" This is inoperative giving the user false hope that their info will be saved. Please help -- Firefox only, not IE7. Update (I thought this was obvious): Only on credit card screen. Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #324

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
No issue here.... the save data box ONLY appears IF you have CB integration set to YES in the backend AND if you are logged in on the frontend. This will add the checkbox in both IE and Firefox. The checkbox IS operative and DOES store the user payment info. Of course, you must have Community Builder installed on your site for this to be working. Also CB must be installed on the site prior to installing DT Register, otherwise the necessary database fields will not be created for storing the payment data. I'm renaming this thread as I don't want a "serious issue" label when it is not one :)

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #325

• npt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
OK, but it's still a serious issue for me because: 1) I had CB installed prior to installing this component 2) My CB integration is set to "yes" and otherwise works 3) My "save data box" only appears on Firefox, not IE7 4) The "save data box" on Firefox didn't work for me Did I need to create DB fields in CB to get this to work? If you're not seeing this, I can give you temp administrative access to my site if you want. Please, I've been on the other end a trillion times where I have no issue as the software developer on my machine and users are complaining about something so I know that's a crappy feeling, but trust me, this is happening for me. Robert

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #326

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm not seeing what you are seeing. IE7 works just fine for me when I test it. If you want to give us admin access, we'd be happy to take a look. If you can provide database access, we will verify that the necessary fields were created on install.

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #327

• npt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Part of this is user error: The "save data box" does appear on IE7 and Firefox-- it's just in my Firefox instance I was logged in and in my IE7 instance I wasn't :-[ That said, the info still isn't being saved for me. Thank you-- sorry about that confusion

[SOLVED] Saving payment information confusion 16 years 4 months ago #328

• npt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
When I "upgraded" from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3, I simply uninstalled the 2.1.2 component then installed 2.1.3. Could it be that this caused the old schema to be used? (I didn't explicitly go in and delete the tables that this component uses after uninstalling 2.1.2 and noticed when I went back into the admin screen using 2.1.3 I still had my old data). So I just tried: 1) Uninstalling 2.1.3 2) Deleting all tables related to dt_register 3) Re-installing 2.1.3 4) Trying "save info" again: Still fails. I'll email you with db information. Thank you Robert

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds