Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Issue with free events moving to events that cost

[SOLVED] Issue with free events moving to events that cost 16 years 4 months ago #316

• npt
  • npt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Bug unless I am misunderstanding-- DTReg 2.1.3 1) Create free event (individual fee $0): my event is individual reg only (no groups) 2) Change event to charge money by changing the "individual rate" > 0 3) No matter what, after that, when trying to sign up for the event, it's still free (payment screen isn't shown) it's as if there's a flag that gets set in the DB that says the event is free that doesn't get set back when you change the status of the event to paid by changing the individual rate. I don't have time to look into whether that's true, but this is an issue. Workaround is to delete and re-create your event though this isn't great. 2nd workaround is to change the "group rate" field to > 0, as this seems to change the status (this is a better alternative workaround) Robert Thank you Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Issue with free events moving to events that cost 16 years 4 months ago #317

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey, no issue here... just a little confusing on the backend. After creating an event, when you go to EDIT the registration rates and settings, there is not a separate individual and group rate box. A backend record is created for each level of registration that you setup... one for individual and one for each level of group rate that you create. That is why there is only one rate box to edit. In the edit view, you will see "Group Rate" even though it might be an individual rate. The "Rate/Person" would be the same as the "Group Rate" if it's an individual registration setup. So, the "workaround" you were using is not a workaround... it's the actual correct way to edit the item. More explanation on the "Rate/Person" setting... This does not mean rate for a ONE person registration... this is the rate charged for each person in a group registration. For example... individual rate is $25. Once someone registers 5 or more people, you want to offer a group discount, giving 5 for the price of 4. You would set "Number of Members" to 5, "Group Rate" to $100 and "Rate/Person" to $20. What happens then is any number of registrants beyond 5 is charged $20/person instead of $25. You can setup additional discount levels too, like once you get 20 registrants, the price drops again to $15/person. Hope this little explanation helps clear this up.

[SOLVED] Issue with free events moving to events that cost 16 years 4 months ago #318

• npt
  • npt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you; sorry for my confusion. Robert

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds