• Page:

TOPIC: Does Not Delete Users

Does Not Delete Users 15 years 5 months ago #2813

• massmees
  • massmees's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
When you delete a user from the admin area, it seems to work, but the record actually remains in #__dtregister_user. When you export a CSV, all past registrants are included, including those \"deleted\", which is not ideal for recordkeeping.

Right now the table is filled with testing data, which I can delete with MySQL, but I can forsee this being a problem once we go live and try to manage registrations from the backend.

How can you change it so that when you delete an user it is removed from the table?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does Not Delete Users 15 years 5 months ago #2814

• massmees
  • massmees's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Update:

It\'s not consistent, it does delete some but not all. Perhaps there is an issue with the few that are left behind- like userid\'s not matching or something? Wierd.

Does Not Delete Users 15 years 5 months ago #2841

• nut4golf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Are you using PayPal by chance? Not sure if that is related or not, but I\'m also getting very inconsistent results in terms of records recorded in the _users table here.

What is happening on my system is these \"extra\" records are getting created for certain users in the _users table during registration - you can see them if you change the filter on Registration Records list display on backend to show failed attempts: Yes. In terms of your \"delete\" issue, you may be deleting the non-failed and then seeing the failed attempts in the CSV extract (which, oddly enough extracts those also). Check next time by flipping that filter...

In terms of having multiple records for a registration - here\'s what I have found... Some seem valid, in that they are time stamped a few minutes apart and are probably due to a user starting the payment process and then backing out and restarting. Some seem very suspicious as they are timestamped just seconds apart and no way the user could go back and re-enter it all that fast - so... they are perhaps hitting the Send/Next Step button twice?

I am also seeing some records created with blank fields where data should be required (first & last name & email). I have NO idea how these could be getting created.

I\'m MOST concerned with the fact that on my system (using PayPal for payment collection) I am getting a good number of registration records that flat out don\'t get marked as \"payment verified\" (i.e. they show up as failed) even though I have been notified by PayPal that a payment has been received. Not good! I\'ve submitted a support ticket, but yet to hear back on this... Has anyone seen this happen on their systems using paypal as payment system?

I\'m using DTregister 2.3.2, Joomla 1.0.15, Jevents 1.4.3RC2

Mike

Does Not Delete Users 15 years 5 months ago #2845

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
nut4golf - we have corrected the paypal failed items issue in the next release that we are wrapping up now. We hope to release it this weekend.

Does Not Delete Users 15 years 5 months ago #2864

• nut4golf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

dthadmin wrote: nut4golf - we have corrected the paypal failed items issue in the next release that we are wrapping up now. We hope to release it this weekend.

Great news! Look forward to getting my hands on it.

I was able to confirm that if the user doesn\'t click "Return to Merchant" from PayPal the user\'s record won\'t get flagged as paid.

Mike

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds