• Page:

TOPIC: 2.3 Upgrade Disaster

2.3 Upgrade Disaster 15 years 6 months ago #2606

• kenlyle
  • kenlyle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
It was a bad morning...I don\'t even remember why I felt compelled to upgrade.

I think I found all the errors...for some reason my uninstall didn\'t work correctly, then I noted that the integration hack was broken (blank pages), so I figured that maybe the 1.4.3SVN version of JEvents was at fault, so tried 1.43RC2, which didn\'t fix it- oh, and each uninstall of JEvents wipes the events, which need to be re-inserted- make a backup!, and then eventually ended up back at 1.4.2.

I actually had made both a Joomlapack backup (unfortunately, buggy 1.1), which turned out to be corrupted. Fortunately the database dump was good...JP is now at 1.22, upgraded that...

So, with 1.4.2 and the new (same as old likely) integration hack, I had the calendar back, and the links to register, but then blank pages...so I hacked the registration page to go the list instead of the event (start removing &stuff from the URL that gives the blank page).

The mambot never did work, but I know that there can be conflicts, and I do have smooth_gallery....

Anyway, about 4 hours later, I have the new DTR and the old JEvents working again, and am not really sure what I have gained- maybe some firefighting experience, and I know what I have lost- about 3.75 hours more than I should have.

The problem seems to have originated in a lack of testing of the integration, which would be understandable, except that it\'s not an optional integration, it\'s a mandatory integration.

Hopefully, future upgrades will be better tested.

Best,
Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2.3 Upgrade Disaster 15 years 6 months ago #2611

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Sorry you had a bad morning. You can download the 2.3 package again as we have modified the JEvents files, module, mambot, etc to all support the 2.3 component.

The mambot works and has on many many sites that we have tested it with. As you said, you most likely have a conflict. Joomla is not exactly known for allowing lots of plugins to play nicely together.

Anyway, all should be good. Take a deep breath and reinstall the component, the upload the appropriate JEvents patch file. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds