Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Group Registration for Free Events Requires Billing Information

Group Registration for Free Events Requires Billing Information 5 years 11 months ago #27655

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I apologize if this is posted elsewhere - I cannot find the search button anywhere in your forum.

When users register for a free event using Group Registration, they're being prompted for billing information on the last screen (after they complete their group). This is causing my customer's registrant's all kinds of confusion - even though it doesn't take them to a payment page and accepts their registration.

I don't think this is the way it's always worked - I would have heard about it years ago. Maybe I've got something set up incorrectly?

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Group Registration for Free Events Requires Billing Information 5 years 11 months ago #27656

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hey Ernie! 1) The search icon is in the gray bar above, on the far right. That searches the whole site, forum included.
2) The group registration process is the same as it always has been. A detailed group registration has a page for each group member followed by the group billing page. Even if there is no payment, there is still this page. Think of it as a contact for the entire group. Someone that is handling the registration process for the group is not always a member of the group. When payment is involved, this contact is the billing contact. Without billing, this main group contact remains. The default text DOES says "Billing Contact" or something along those lines. You can change that in the language file as it is tied to group registration only.

So, nothing has changed. It's just never surfaced as an issue in your previous uses I suppose. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ernienet

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Group Registration for Free Events Requires Billing Information 5 years 11 months ago #27657

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
It's driving this customer nuts. She had to send an email blast to her list to advise them because she got so many complaints.

I can edit DT_BILLING_INFORMATION in the language file to change the name from "BILLING INFORMATION" to something else, but I'm not sure what - because I WANT it to be "BILLING INFORMATION" for paid events, but not for free events.

I've changed it to:

REGISTRATION CONTACT/BILLING INFORMATION
Please enter a primary contact for this group registration.

Let me know if you have any better ideas.

Thank you,
Ernie

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds