• Page:

TOPIC: Front-End Issues

Front-End Issues 6 years 2 months ago #27394

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm working on creating front-end management capabilities for my customers at the Publisher level so that they don't have to use the Administrator, which is often confusing for them.

I added a DT Register Event Management option to the menu. When I select it, it shows the list of events and allows me to edit existing events and add new ones.

Unfortunately, it "locks" on that page so that I can't select another management feature (such as creating an article) from that menu. The only way out of that page is to use the browser Back button or to click on another top-level menu on the site.

Similarly, and a problem on both the front and backend of the site, is that if I create a new event and decide not to keep it, I can't "Cancel" without filling in the required fields - why would it validate and require I enter required fields when I've decided not to save the event? This is embarrassing when I'm training someone and tell them to cancel after I was simply showing them how to use the component.

There is also no "Back" or "Close" button for the front-end Control Panel options when one is selected - for example, viewing registrations - there's no way to leave the list of registrations without clicking on some other main menu. There should be a "Back" button so the user can go back to the Control Panel.

Can you polish up the front-end interfaces? I have to apologize to my customers every time I do training on this, and it doesn't look good for either of us.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Front-End Issues 6 years 2 months ago #27396

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Thanks Ernie! We'll look at these items for the next release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ernienet

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Front-End Issues 6 years 2 months ago #27397

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
If you'd like to go over some of these issues, we can get on the phone when you're working on them so I can show you exactly what's happening - it could save you some time if any of them are caused by something outside of DT Register.

I'm in the Pacific time zone, but I'm up early every day.

Thanks,
Ernie

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds