• Page:

TOPIC: WIndows Users - Calendar view J!3.8.5 & DTReg 3.2.7

WIndows Users - Calendar view J!3.8.5 & DTReg 3.2.7 6 years 2 months ago #27387

• lgalaxy
  • lgalaxy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am getting reports of some Windows users not being able to click or activate a link on a valid event from the Calendar View from Chrome IE and Mozilla. From the Events List page the link functions fine. (I cannot recreate the issue on Mac environment 3 different browsers work fine)

Are there any others that sometimes have issues with the calendar view Event Links to register when using Windows?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WIndows Users - Calendar view J!3.8.5 & DTReg 3.2.7 6 years 2 months ago #27388

• gregoconnor
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I dont use the Mini Calendar but I just published it and it works from all 3 browsers via windows however I cant change the month in the module view. I just did it to test since you had no confirmation.
I also published the Calendar view in a menu link and that works well from a windows machine running ie, firefox and chrome. joomla 3.8.4, php7.1.14 , DTregister 3.2.7.
I think if my site depended on the mini-cal I would just make a custom Image and make the calendar image clickable to the full page Month Calendar.

I found this site and the calendar has the bad reaction you speak of. Not sure if you need register for the links to work?
www.awtc.aidt.edu/index.php/awtc-courses/course-calendar

hope this helps, Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: lgalaxy

Last Edit: by gregoconnor. Reason: more info

WIndows Users - Calendar view J!3.8.5 & DTReg 3.2.7 6 years 2 months ago #27389

• bdonner
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a problem with the Mini-Cal Module of which I am not sure if it the same as you are speaking about: With the same J!3.8.5 & DTReg 3.2.7, changing months in the calendar does not work but instead gives an kong jos-warning / SQL error log, pasted in below.
jos-Warning: JDatabaseExceptionExecuting: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'catids":["2"],"show-past-event":"0","link-view":"calendar","module-tag":"div","b' at line 1 in /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:650 Stack trace: #0 /home/outooric/public_html/plugins/system/falangdriver/falang_database.php(105): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute() #1 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1691): JFalangDatabase->execute() #2 /home/outooric/public_html/plugins/system/falangdriver/falang_database.php(282): JDatabaseDriver->loadObjectList('', 'stdClass') #3 /home/outooric/public_html/plugins/dynamic404/k2/k2.php(107): JFalangDatabase->loadObjectList() #4 /home/outooric/public_html/plugins/dynamic404/k2/k2.php(58): plgDynamic404K2->getItems('ajax-php?itemid...') #5 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php(70): plgDynamic404K2->getMatches('ajax-php?itemid...', 'ajax-php?itemid...') #6 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php(160): JEvent->update(Array) #7 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/src/Application/BaseApplication.php(108): JEventDispatcher->trigger('getmatches', Array) #8 /home/outooric/public_html/administrator/components/com_dynamic404/helpers/match/plugin.php(53): Joomla\CMS\Application\BaseApplication->triggerEvent('getMatches', Array) #9 /home/outooric/public_html/administrator/components/com_dynamic404/helpers/match.php(450): Dynamic404HelperMatchPlugin->getMatches('ajax-php?itemid...', 'ajax-php?itemid...') #10 /home/outooric/public_html/administrator/components/com_dynamic404/helpers/match.php(436): Dynamic404HelperMatch->findDynamic404PluginMatches('ajax-php?itemid...', 'ajax-php?itemid...') #11 /home/outooric/public_html/administrator/components/com_dynamic404/helpers/match.php(161): Dynamic404HelperMatch->findTextMatches() #12 /home/outooric/public_html/administrator/components/com_dynamic404/helpers/helper.php(395): Dynamic404HelperMatch->getMatches() #13 /home/outooric/public_html/administrator/components/com_dynamic404/helpers/helper.php(216): Dynamic404Helper->getMatches() #14 /home/outooric/public_html/administrator/components/com_dynamic404/helpers/helper.php(129): Dynamic404Helper->log() #15 /home/outooric/public_html/administrator/components/com_dynamic404/helpers/helper.php(118): Dynamic404Helper->init() #16 /home/outooric/public_html/plugins/system/dynamic404/dynamic404.php(72): Dynamic404Helper->__construct(true, NULL, Object(JException)) #17 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php(780): PlgSystemDynamic404::handleError(Object(JException)) #18 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php(241): JError::handleCallback(Object(JException), Array) #19 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php(202): JError::throwError(Object(JException)) #20 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php(277): JError::raise(1, 404, 'Article not fou...', NULL, true) #21 /home/outooric/public_html/components/com_content/models/article.php(152): JError::raiseError(404, 'Article not fou...') #22 /home/outooric/public_html/plugins/system/helix/core/classes/joomla30/viewlegacy.php(394): ContentModelArticle->getItem() #23 /home/outooric/public_html/components/com_content/views/article/view.html.php(42): JViewLegacy->get('Item') #24 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php(672): ContentViewArticle->display() #25 /home/outooric/public_html/components/com_content/controller.php(113): Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display(true, Array) #26 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php(710): ContentController->display() #27 /home/outooric/public_html/components/com_content/content.php(43): Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute('') #28 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(382): require_once('/home/outooric/...') #29 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(357): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent('/home/outooric/...') #30 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(194): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_content') #31 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(233): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() #32 /home/outooric/public_html/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(303): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() #33 /home/outooric/public_html/index.php(49): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() #34 {main}
The following user(s) said Thank You: lgalaxy

WIndows Users - Calendar view J!3.8.5 & DTReg 3.2.7 6 years 2 months ago #27391

• lgalaxy
  • lgalaxy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The site in question does not use a mini-cal. To be clear, the reports state that the Event description pop up window is triggered successfully from calendar view but that the intended link from the calendar date cell does not load or activate the first registration screens.

My first thought is that there is a conflict with some sort of Windows based firewall or security setting on the users company laptop and its disabling the link. With the degree of security companies use with firewalls and the endless scripts being run that was my hunch. Not sure how i could troubleshoot that though.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds