TOPIC: If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26752

• exx
  • exx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Registration is the goal

I think it will be logic if first registration will be STORED and after if any kind of payment will follow as paypal the payment status UPDATED.

Due is an online registration most payment comes from online payment systems like paypal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26753

• ammattingly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there an ETA for a fix for this?

My client has been going back and contacting people whose information is lost because they need the info and they are not happy about it. They have asked me to find another solution. Except for this issue, I think DT Register works really well so I would prefer not to change. If I could tell them when it will be fixed it may help.

Thanks!

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26754

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Most on this thread probably think they all share the same issue. That's not the case. I'll state a few things:

1) 99% of the time people have the issue with occasional registrations not being created after a PayPal payment, it's due to IPN issues... not being setup correctly or something else in the site that is getting in the way of IPN messages. At this stage of DT Register, with IPN working correctly, it is RARE to have this issue. NOT a common problem. This is discussed in a countless number of threads. Almost everyone that has submitted such an issue through a ticket has been resolved due to an issue outside of DT Register itself.

2) Registration records not being created until after the payment is received is NOT a bug that needs fixing. It is how DT Register has worked from the beginning. Modifying this to create an "incomplete" record, then change the status after payment is agreed to be a good idea and something that should be done. It's not a FIX, but an IMPROVEMENT. There is no ETA on implementing this change. It's not a quick and easy one to make. Hopefully we can get to this sooner than later. We know it's important. So are 1000 other things too.

We are constantly working on this extension and have been for many many years. We will continue to do so. Thank you.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26755

• mregan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Nathan,
Come on. This is a real problem. I've had an open ticket on this forever. I showed you the IPN response that Paypal received from DT Register acknowledging receipt of the payment information. We've been running DT Register for years. We have the correct Paypal setup.
Until you at least admit there is an intermittent problem, we have no hope of every getting it fixed.
Tomorrow I'm going to have to compare 200 DT registrations vs our Paypal transactions to see if we have any missing DT Register records. What information would you like me to send to help in debugging this issue?
Mike Regan

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26756

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
It is as I stated... RARE. I know that you've been having this issue. Not denying that. What I said though is that in ALMOST all cases, it is an issue outside of DT Register. That is a simple fact.

Joomla's session changes over the last year or so have caused many headaches across the board... and not just for DT Register by a long shot. Their changes have also been a bit of a moving target. The best solution at this point is to implement the modification to store incomplete records prior to payment. That would be a much better use of time and more effective end result than tracking down that very tiny amount of real problem occurrences that are near impossible to replicate.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26757

• ammattingly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nathan - I did not mean to offend. I understand it's not a small thing and you are very busy. I am simply trying to provide my client with a timeline. I want to stick around.

I have looked through several old threads and found some things to check in PayPal and with the server so I will do my homework to confirm that there aren't problems there; however, I don't think there are. I have been using this extension for many, many years successfully before this intermittent situation came up.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds