TOPIC: If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 2 months ago #26711

• exx
  • exx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

i am experinzing that if something goes wrong during paypal payment, like user do not click back to site, or connection is lost, or other issue during payment all the registration is lost and nothing remains stored.

This is also what support told me about.

I think should be better to have registration stored then if paypal payment is confirmed have the status updated, otherwise if some problem with paypal payment
the registration is stored like unpaid.

Many times my users complete regiistrations, try to pay with paypal, but if some went wrong all registation data are data are lost and i have not notice about it.

someone have some issue and solved it somehow ?

ragards
Luca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 2 months ago #26712

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Yes this has been discussed a lot here. It has nothing to do with PayPal, but records are not created until after payment is completed. It's always been that way. Does this need to change? Yes, but it's more involved than you would think, and other things keep taking priority. There is no quick fix or solution... it just is what is until we change it.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 2 months ago #26713

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am also looking forward to this being updated. I have had many occurrences of someone actually paying but the connection to PayPal being lost between my site and PayPal. In this scenario the payment is taken but there is absolutely no record on my site of who paid :unsure:

I have had a couple of events with a 1000+ people where this has happened 20-30 times. Talk about a headache. Hopefully this rises to the top of the pile soon...

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26737

• ammattingly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I am also having this problem where the payment goes through but there is no record of it in DT Register.

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26743

• mregan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We've had this problem for year's! We've almost given up on DT Register several times but the cost of switching has held us back. In general, we get about a 1% failure rate. Although on a recent event with 40 people 5 registrations were lost in DT Register. If that keeps up, we'll have to make a switch.
I've had an open ticket on this for year's too. I've spent time looking into this and the response from Paypal is being acknowledged by DTReg but it doesn't create the record. My feeling is that the lost paypal transaction ID we see on some Registration records is related to the underlying bug.
I've tried everything I can during and after the payment at Paypal but I can't recreate the error.
If this would just be fixed, our registration process would be so much better.
Mike Regan
The following user(s) said Thank You: kinesgirl

If some wrong with Paypal registration is lost 7 years 1 month ago #26751

• skata
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having a similar issue, the payment is processed in Paypal, but the record in DT Register is not created. This leads to problems already said by others in the thread. We know that a person has paid, but we do not have their detailed information. Although this issue/bug happens every now and then, we wouldn't be able to spot it clearly if we were under the assumption that all records are created.

We would appreciate a fix/solution if anyone has any to offer.

Best

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds