TOPIC: Confirmation Number Sequence

Confirmation Number Sequence 8 years 11 months ago #24432

• ndnaude
  • ndnaude's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I have DT Register 2.8.12a installed on Joomla 2.5.28 website.
I have an open event and people are registering at the moment. However, the confirmation number of the registrants have gaps in the sequence and I am concerned that I am losing registrations. I have configured the numbering as follows:
- Confirmation Number Type = Sequential
- Confirmation Number Prefix = H4W2015
- Confirmation Starting Number: [was set to 1 initially currently 55]
- Assign Confirmation Number to Each Group Member = No

The Confirmation Number is currently on 55 but I only have 24 records (22 individuals and 2 groups of 2)

Can someone please explain to me if I am losing registrations and if there is a table in the DB where I can find the missing confirmation numbers or refer me to a previous discussion that relates.

Assistance greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Confirmation Number Sequence 8 years 11 months ago #24434

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. First, update to DT Register 2.8.14b as there were some session related issues that could affect registrations and cause a record to not be created after a payment offsite at an option like PayPal. Go through records and compare to PayPal receipts (or whatever payment gateway you use) and make sure you have a record for each one.

Second, sometimes a registration is not completed because the user chooses to not finish it. If it gets to the final stages or registration (payment for example) but is left undone, you can have a confirmation number that has been used but then lost. So it doesn't mean for sure that you're missing anything actually. Just double check records to verify. Be sure to get updated though, definitely.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Confirmation Number Sequence 8 years 11 months ago #24436

• ndnaude
  • ndnaude's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the feedback. Confirms my understanding. I'm using PayFast and PayLater options so I have previously found records on PayFast that were not in DT Register but solved the problem which was caused by folder access permissions.

Hi have just downloaded the latest version of DT Register which I will install immediately. Just a follow up question: Is there a table in the database (in v2.8.12a) that keeps record of abandoned/incomplete registration records which I can use to identify potential problems?

Thanks again for the quick respons.

Confirmation Number Sequence 8 years 11 months ago #24451

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Incomplete records are not officially created, no. You may however find data (not user friendly) in the _dtregister_session database table.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds