• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Event Pix won't change

[SOLVED] Event Pix won't change 9 years 9 months ago #23602

• computerup
  • computerup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A VBSEO exploit hit one of my sites the other day and wiped out some images, including all my event images in DT Register. I discovered this when my event modules on the home page showed something that looked like a keypad entry for a door, and the event showing no pic. This rogue picture is attached. Couldn't upload either.

Hosting company restored everything, and FTP now lets me access everything. But still in DT Register I can't upload a photo. It bounces out of the event screen to the listing of events. I can't delete the rogue picture with the red x, and can't upload.

How can I set an event to a picture that's already in the proper folder without uploading?

Also, there's no more "several pages" for an event. All the pages are on one big page.
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Event Pix won't change 9 years 9 months ago #23603

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Regarding the listing of events, it sounds like you need to re-save configuration and make sure everything is still configured as desired.

You can not select an event image from already loaded images. That option is actually coming shortly, but for now, you will need to re-upload your event images.

Make sure this folder exists and is writable:

/images/dtregister/eventpics

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Event Pix won't change 9 years 8 months ago #23613

• computerup
  • computerup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Here's what happened and how we resolved it.

It turns out that attack came from the Ukraine, and corrupted a lot of files, changed files into folders, changed other people's javascript files into my javascript files, and most importantly, changed the ownership and permissions on a whole bunch files and folders so that I couldn't read or delete them.

Reinstallation of DT Register didn't work because of the locked files and folders, so I did this:
  1. I renamed the outer folders where there were corrupted & ownership-changed items.
  2. I created new empty folders of the proper name, and copied all the DT Register files from a recent backup.
  3. I then asked the hosting company to delete the bad files and folders with the altered ownership. They also directed me to recent picture files that had been deleted. They had been placed in a lost+found folder in the account root.

Everything is working beautifully now. If anyone ever gets hit like this, this is definitely the procedure for recovery!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds