Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: long delay between upcoming event selection and show event details.

long delay between upcoming event selection and show event details. 10 years 1 week ago #23117

• gunstar1
  • gunstar1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am using dtreg 2-08-12 and upcoming_event 2-9-17. when someone click on an upcoming event on the website there is 15 to 20 second delay before anything changes. didn't have this problem before the last update..
tried going back to earlier version, 2-7-16, but kept getting a error on line 217 :unsure: any help would be appreciated.

the site is: eyesinthewoods.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth. Reason: removed the login details you provided for security reasons

long delay between upcoming event selection and show event details. 10 years 1 week ago #23125

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
First, you are the first person to report such an issue. If there is a delay in loading, it's due to something local on your site. I did view your site and saw that it is slow overall. Any page I clicked on took at least 7-8 seconds before I saw anything happen.

Second, I assume you were upgrading from 2.7.16 to 2.8.12. That's a really big jump... and I'm surprised you even tried to go BACK to 2.7 from 2.8. That's a bad idea and certainly isn't going to work well.

Third, in looking at your site, I see that most of your events are already over... some back in 2012 even. Your site seems to be on a slower hosting environment and likely can't handle the number of events you are having it continually load. I'd recommend archiving events that are already over so they do not have to be loaded and processed all the time. Also, set config to NOT show events that are passed. This would help I'm sure. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

long delay between upcoming event selection and show event details. 10 years 1 week ago #23133

• gunstar1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
ok, I also looked at the event dates and all the events older than 1/1/2014 are archived, and should not be showing. If I set the config to NOT show passed events, this could be a problem, we need our events to show until they are archived. I am checking with the server tech to see if any changes were made lately. Also, is the a way search all events between dates and then have the option to delete or archive them?

Last Edit: by gunstar1.

long delay between upcoming event selection and show event details. 9 years 9 months ago #23548

• gunstar1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Still slow response from clicking on upcoming events till it changes to registration. only have about 30 events on the site for this year. This should be instant.

Last Edit: by gunstar1.

long delay between upcoming event selection and show event details. 9 years 9 months ago #23550

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Again, there is an issue with your site overall... not DT Register. It took about 25-30 seconds just to load your site for me... and the slideshow still hadn't loaded. I clicked on the event calendar (which is JEvents... nothing do with DT Register directly) and it took at least 30 seconds to load. I clicked on a registration link in the module and it loaded in 20-25 seconds... actually a little faster than some of the other non-DT pages.

Either your web host is very poor, or something else in your site is causing a major drag. There is nothing for us to fix here. If it was only DT Register, that would be different.

Side note: I'm even on a very fast internet connection, and for any site to load that slow for me is really saying something.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
Last Edit: by nathan.dth.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds