Private Event Message on Event Status: Public 12 years 7 months ago #15017

• tvigar
  • tvigar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi There,

I'm experiencing a few bugs with version 2.7.9b component on joomla 1.7.1

The main bug is that events are given the status public, published, vieable in the list, yet when register is clicked, the private event message is presented...

any thoughts?

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Private Event Message on Event Status: Public 12 years 7 months ago #15038

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
No bug here. There are two features that will force events (even when set as public) to require login. Both are explained in the tooltips for these features, and also explained further in our video tutorials:

1) Overlapping Event Check - if you enable this in the main configuration area of DT Reg, all events will require login.

2) Prerequisite Events or Categories - in each event, you can select prerequisite events and/or categories. If you do, the event will then require login. If you accidentally selected something here not knowing what it was, you can de-select using CTRL-Click (or Command-Click on a Mac).

One of these two HAS to be the reason. Based on your other post, it's clear that the reason in your case is a prerequisite selection. Thanks.

Private Event Message on Event Status: Public 12 years 7 months ago #15048

• tvigar
  • tvigar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ah, thank you for that - yes, I see now, that the prerequesite category was selected... wow, that was a late night... sorry for the posts, I hope they eventually help another tired chap!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds