Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is there a way to offer addon items to an event order?

Is there a way to offer addon items to an event order? 12 years 7 months ago #14962

• fuzzyminds
  • fuzzyminds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm looking to understand, outside of having to setup something that is not an event as an event, how to offer add on items for an event.

So let's say I'm using it for an event, and one of the speakers has published a book. When a delegate registers, I'd like them to be able to see related items like the author's book that they could order at the same time as they register for the event.

Another example would be if I am setting up and event with exhibitors, I would setup one event sponsor registration and offer additional related items such the ability to sponsor a Meet & Greet Reception for an additional $750, or sponsor a hole for a golf tournament that is happening at the event for $250, etc.

Right now, I have been setting each us as a separate event, as I have not seen a way to do this.

Please let me know if there is a simpler way already in the software.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is there a way to offer addon items to an event order? 12 years 7 months ago #14963

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
This is very easy to do. Definitely do not create separate events for your add-ons. You would create a selection field (dropdown, radio button or checkbox) with the options, for example:

Purchase Mr. Speaker's Book: Yes / No

Assign a fee to each value... for Yes, assign the price of the book. For No, assign 0.

Then when Yes is selected, that amount will be added to the price. It works great and can be used for just about anything. See our selection fields video tutorial for more details and examples:

http://www.youtube.com/dthdevelopment#p/u/3/cuB1qwx4pJo

Is there a way to offer addon items to an event order? 12 years 7 months ago #14964

• fuzzyminds
  • fuzzyminds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Just watched the video, AWESOME!

This exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you !!!!!!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds