• Page:

TOPIC: Capability question

Capability question 11 years 6 months ago #18997

• rapple
  • rapple's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've just spent some time going through the demo site and the back end demo. I think that the capability is there to do most of what I require but I'd like a confirmation as two of the use cases are quite specific.

We are a UK Village Hall and I can see three use cases for this component. Which of the following can DT register handle out of the box and can it handle all three easily with separate individuals in control at the relevant level?

The Hall needs to be able to offer booking to the general public in addition to regular user groups. We don't want a public booking to be able to reserve a slot directly, it needs to be verified through the booking secretary prior to accepting the booking but of course we would want the slot to be "pencilled in" on any calendar view. Control of the bookings needs to be done completely through the front end, so all administrative features for the bookings secretary to control need to be there, including downloading booking info through the CSV export. I think this is possible through the control panel but this is disabled on the demo front end. Payment is normally handled outside the booking process.

The Hall has regular groups that hire the hall at certain times. Some of them are Art appreciation groups, Music groups etc. that have upwards of 100 members attending for an evening session. Some of these groups run their own booking systems, through telephone, email and cash on the door but they are a bit haphazard.
It would be nice to offer them a facility to take online bookings, where they can create their own events within time slots previously allocated to their group for hiring the hall.

The hall has a fundraising group that runs a specific sponsored sporting event once a year.
The format is such that participants register to create teams. This is authorised manually for a variety of reasons. Team characteristics such as Team Name, Sponsored Charity Name, expected team size etc. are gathered during the initial registration process. These participants are then team captains. There is no requirement for payment at this stage.
Other participants then register and need to be able to select a team from the currently authorised list. They pay for their registration, we can then offer them a choice of event gifts and offer early registration discounts etc. We also offer them the opportunity to make a personal pledge if they are unlikely to raise sponsorship. For the UK we also offer them the opportunity to Gift Aid the donation. Registrations are often done in groups with a family member paying all the fees for all the participants irrespective of which team they are in.
I believe that most of this should be simple to achieve for the participant front end.
The difficulty I see is coping with the dynamic case for selecting the team to join – a) as the event admin changes the teams and b) if a participant is trying to register prior to the team captain actually requesting the team.
As with the other options this needs to be controllable from the front end for the event administrators if at all possible.
We currently use a web service to handle sponsorship for each participant but if there is a way to adapt this component to then provide sponsorship of participants by members of the public their registration and logging in would fufill the data gathering requirements for the UK tax Gift Aid reclaim process and reduce manual effort further for the admin team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Capability question 11 years 6 months ago #18999

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello...

1) You can set the status for new records to be active, pending, etc. This is based on fully paid, partially paid, or Pay Later. It is not based on if they are registered users or not.

The control panel does include full frontend management of records and CSV exports to those who have been given permission.

2) Yes, you could give them the ability to create events through frontend event management. You could even allow them to create the events, but NOT publish. Then leaving the publishing to you once you verify everything.

3) For this, I would suggest having a team registration "event" for the captains to provide necessary details for the team. Then you'd (manually) create a separate event registration for each team. Put them in a specific category, then you could create a menu item that just lists the team selections to register for.

The elements of family registrations and such is fine with our group registration options. Thanks.

Capability question 11 years 6 months ago #19001

• rapple
  • rapple's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your prompt and concise response.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds