Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Register for this Event Button Missing.

Register for this Event Button Missing. 15 years 9 months ago #1972

• higherspectrum
  • higherspectrum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,

Ok, So I went through your video tutorials, installed JEvents v1.4.3 RC2, DT Register v2.2.3. and set up my first event.

I think I\'m missing something though because somwhere in the documentation I found instructions that say to insert a piece of code {dtregisterEDIT}eventID{/dtregisterEDIT} into the article at Content Items Manager.
I\'m using Joomla 1.5 and the Content Items Manager was for J! 1.0.X.

When I go into the Articles Manager, none of my events are listed there.

Do in edit them within JEvents and insert the code into html by clicking on the HTML button in TinyMCE?

Also, how do I add the click here to register link to each event?

Would it be possible to give some written instructions on this portion?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Register for this Event Button Missing. 15 years 9 months ago #1973

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Looks like you\'re a little confused :)

Events are first created in JEvents and event details are entered there. We provide a patch file for JEvents that is in a folder when you extract the files from the original download package. That folder has a readme file with more instructions. That adds a \"click here to register\" link in the event details.

The articles manager will not show any event details. If you create a page about your event, you can use the mambot that you mentioned to insert a link to the event registration. However, it still has to be setup in JEvents and then DT Register for the mambot to link to anything. Also make sure the mambot is published. This mambot is optional though.

The main source of accessing registration links is by creating a component menu item for DT Register. This will give you a list of all events setup in DT Register.

Hope this helps clarify for you. Thanks.

Register for this Event Button Missing. 15 years 9 months ago #2171

• jfidler80
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I used the patch but now my calendars are not showing. Instead of the calendar showing I get a blank white screen with \"Event Calendar\" in the top left.

Please help.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds