• Page:

TOPIC: Groupon Codes

Groupon Codes 11 years 9 months ago #17982

• sean_nwfs
  • sean_nwfs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Groupon is helping us with an event but I am running into some roadblocks with their system synching with DT Register. They need us to create unique coupon codes per person. In order to accommodate for a large event they gave me 1500 unique coupon codes to be entered into DT Register. There would be 500 codes each for a 2, 4, and 6 person ticket. The customer would enter their code and get the event for "free" from us after they pay Groupon.

Is there any way to upload a CSV file so that we don't have to manually enter all 1500 codes :shock: ? Can DT Register even handle that many codes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Groupon Codes 11 years 9 months ago #17985

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
That sounds fun... not really :) While there is no built-in import of codes, you CAN do this yourself directly in the database. You'd need to build your CSV file to match the structure of this table... jos_dtregister_codes (where "jos_" represents whatever your db prefix is). Look at the data for your existing codes to see what it should look like on the database side and build your import file. If you want these codes to be auto-activated for new events that you create later, make sure you import them with the All Events parameter reflecting a YES.

THEN, as a 2nd step, you'll need to do a separate import to active codes for events. This is where you're gonna have a large import file. Build a CSV file based on this table... jos_dtregister_events_codes. You'll see this simply gives the ID of the event and the ID of a discount code that is enabled for the event. So each one of your codes will have a db entry in this table for each event that it is enabled for.

We've never tested with that many discount codes, but we do know other users have utilized large amounts of codes. We know of no reason why DT Register would have a problem with this... outside of the discounts tab in your event setup being really long with all the codes :) The issue would be more if your server can handle the data.

Hope this helps a bit!

Groupon Codes 11 years 1 week ago #20454

• infotex
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Does this method of manually importing discount codes still work?

I have just imported 50 codes this way and none of them work! The booking process accepts the code as valid, but then doesn't take the amount off the booking.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

Groupon Codes 11 years 1 week ago #20460

• infotex
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Ok, just worked it out. I uploaded the codes as described by dthadmin, but you also need to go to the Event in admin, check the Discounts & Fees tab and Save & Close.

No idea why you have to do this, but now they all work!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds