Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adding member sometimes gets ignored in group registration.

Adding member sometimes gets ignored in group registration. 6 years 4 months ago #27322

• kevh1974
  • kevh1974's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
If an event is set up for group registrations and has a discount code applied then sometimes, apparently at random, the 'Add Member' gets ignored and the form reverts back to empty for the same member information.
It does seem to be browser dependant and fails for our customer using Chrome on Windows. I have also managed to get the failure using Chromium on Linux and Samsung Internet on my Galaxy S8 but I can't seem to get it to fail using Firefox. The problem goes away if discounts are switched off for the event.
Have just updated to Joomla 3.8.3 and DTRegister 3.2.7 and still getting the failure.
Wonder if anybody else has seen this problem?
The following user(s) said Thank You: justjen321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Adding member sometimes gets ignored in group registration. 6 years 3 months ago #27341

• waynejb
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Tested the same based on our post and also experiencing the same issues. Once Discount code is turned off it works fine in Chrome. Using latest version of Joomla and DTReg.

Adding member sometimes gets ignored in group registration. 6 years 3 months ago #27348

• gmarsh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Same problem in Chrome. Joomla 3.8.3 and DTReg 3.2.7

I realized that the Discount for this event was set to be active only within INDIVIDUAL registrations, not GROUP registrations. However discount codes generally, when activated in the event manager, are activated for both types of registrations - individual and group. I wondered if the appearance of an invalid discount code field (e.g. an individual discount code within a group registration) could be messing with the forms.

So, in the event manager, I applied the Discount Code in a GROUP registration to BILLING ONLY. When I did so and tested a group registration, the discount code field no longer showed up on the Add Member screen. In addition, the members were added correctly and the COMPLETE GROUP button appeared allowing the group to be completed correctly. The Discount Code field did appear on the Billing screen, but caused no problems and the Group registration was completed successfully.

Hope this solution works for others until the code can be adjusted.

Adding member sometimes gets ignored in group registration. 6 years 3 months ago #27349

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
We are aware of this issue and have addressed it already for the original poster through their ticket. The fix will be in the next update, which we are working to finish. The problem only happens when a discount code is used on a group MEMBER page.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds