TOPIC: [SOLVED] Joomla Updater and DT Register 3.2.3a

[SOLVED] Joomla Updater and DT Register 3.2.3a 6 years 7 months ago #27127

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have two issues:

Since you implemented the Joomla internal updates, I have been unable to make it work. I still have to log into your website to download the latest version. See error_messages.jpg displayed when attempting to use the updater. I have entered the License Key in the options for all my sites.

Today, I tested updating a Joomla 3.7.5 site to 3.8, first updating all the extensions and then backing the site up. After completing the update, DT Register is identified as requiring an update to 3.2.3a. It would not install directly (as I explained above), so I went to My Orders on your site to download it, but 3.2.3a is not downloading - only the previous version, 3.2.3 is downloading.

I'm holding up updating Joomla on my other client sites until I'm confident that Joomla 3.8 doesn't break something in DT Register that 3.2.3a fixes.

Can we get these two issues resolved?

Thank you,
Ernie
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Joomla Updater and DT Register 3.2.3a 6 years 7 months ago #27129

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Not sure why the auto updater hasn't been working for you. No one else has reported problems with it.

However, as stated in a couple other forum posts already... the 3.2.3a is throwing off the auto updater. That is the latest package so if you have 3.2.3a, you have the latest. Ignore the updater telling you that you still need to update. The updater doesn't like the "a" apparently... which is something we've always done, but won't be able to keep doing apparently.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Joomla Updater and DT Register 3.2.3a 6 years 7 months ago #27132

• ernienet
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I re-entered the current product key, but that didn't seem to help.

Is it possible that the update will only work for the one site that's shown on my account? With a developer license, shouldn't I be able to use the same key on all the sites?

Thanks,
Ernie

Joomla Updater and DT Register 3.2.3a 6 years 6 months ago #27139

• ernienet
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
The updater does not work on any of the 24 sites that have DT Register installed on.

I was poking around Joomla and saw that on the Extensions: Update Sites page there are two entries for DT Register Updates. One points to your site with /extension.xml and the other with /dtregister.xml (image attached). Should there be two entries, and is it possible that both are wrong.

Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Does this shed any light on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Ernie
Attachments:

Joomla Updater and DT Register 3.2.3a 6 years 6 months ago #27140

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
You can remove the entry that uses extension.xml. That one is old and not used now. You just need the dtregister.xml entry.

Also, as I said, until we release the next update, the Joomla updater will not work correctly.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Joomla Updater and DT Register 3.2.3a 6 years 6 months ago #27141

• ernienet
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
That's okay - I realize it will show the update thing for now - I was just wondering if that was the cause of the update error I'm having across all my sites. I'll remove extension.xml from the list and see if that makes the update work for next time.

Thanks,
Ernie

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds