• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Setup conference FEES

[SOLVED] Setup conference FEES 6 years 9 months ago #26957

• adidok6
  • adidok6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I just bought the software. Totally lost. All I want to do is setup an conference event with 7 different ticket prices, thay can be paid with eft and credit card with payfast. Can anyone help please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Setup conference FEES 6 years 9 months ago #26958

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hello. While the video tutorials are out-dated, they are still very helpful at getting up to speed.

Some good ones to start would be:
General Event Setup:

Selection Fields:

Conditional Fields:

Each event has a base fee (on the Discounts & Fees tab), which in your case will likely be 0. Your 7 different prices would probably best be handled with a selection fee field. Definitely watch the above video. You'll see your options and capabilities are very extensive... and far surpasses other extensions.

You could setup a dropdown or radio button field giving the registrant the 7 choices. Based on which option they choose, the price would calculate accordingly. You can have multiple fee fields too, if needed. There are other calculations that can be implemented for member discounts, late fees, etc so it can be as simple or as complex as you need it to be.

Your payment METHOD would be setup in "Pay Options".

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Setup conference FEES 6 years 9 months ago #26961

• adidok6
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I am still having a bit of trouble. I got the event to show now on the page.

www.ieedc.org/registration

So then I want the user to click on register. and it takes them to the form, where they fill in their detail, select 1 of the 7 ticket prices they want. and submit and pay. at the moment when you press register it goes to a new page with this message:

This event requires that you be a logged in member of this website. Please register a user account to gain access to our private events.

Setup conference FEES 6 years 9 months ago #26963

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This is just a setup issue, which is addressed in this sticky forum post:

www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=...&id=24135&Itemid=141

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Setup conference FEES 6 years 9 months ago #26965

• adidok6
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I have read the other forum post on this, and I checked all these items mentioned. please see attached file.
could you guys please assist. I am currently now behind with this.

You can see on the file I have all setting as suggested. and the message I am getting. can you give me a email or so for admin login and you can check or something.

and how I would get the selection between the 7 payment options for the user.
Attachments:

• Rendering Error in layout Attachment/Item: Property "protected" is not defined. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Setup conference FEES 6 years 9 months ago #26966

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I 100% guarantee that your issue is already detailed in that post. There is no bug or other issue here.

Inside of the event settings is where you'll find your problem. Not the global settings you referenced in your screenshot. Scroll down the first tab of the event setup and you will find the pre-requisite area. If you select ANY category in that list of categories... or select ANY event in the list seen there, it enables the prerequisite functionality for that event... which as the tooltip says there... will force a login requirement.

Occasionally people select a category here without paying attention to what it is. The category selection for the event is towards the top and already handled. No need to select it twice.

So, I have no doubt that you will find that you've selected something in this area for your event. You can use Control-Click (or Command-Click on a Mac) to de-select anything that you selected. Then all will be good. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds