Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Conditional Text Fields not populating in Thank you email Messages

[SOLVED] Conditional Text Fields not populating in Thank you email Messages 8 years 1 week ago #25916

• divalsafety
  • divalsafety's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
We have a Radio field with options "Yes" and "No". Then we have a required conditional text field that displays when the radio is clicked "Yes". All of that functionality works fine and I know the information is captured because I can see it when going into the individual records. It appears the Email Tag functionality is not working for these conditional fields because this information does not get populated into the thank you email messages sent to the billing contact and attendees.

Thanks

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by nathan.dth.

Conditional Text Fields not populating in Thank you email Messages 8 years 1 week ago #25919

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
This should not actually be the case and no one else has reported this... and most people use conditional fields. Most likely, you have a wrong email tag or something along those lines. If you can't figure it out, create a ticket with admin access and specify which fields and which events to check it for. We'll take a look.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Conditional Text Fields not populating in Thank you email Messages 8 years 1 week ago #25923

• divalsafety
  • divalsafety's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I filed out a ticket this morning. Everything looks perfect and I have triple checked the tags.

Conditional Text Fields not populating in Thank you email Messages 8 years 1 week ago #25935

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
As you know, this was addressed in your ticket. For the sake of others...

This issue was not a DT Register bug, but a text editor problem. If anyone ever has one email tag not working while others are, it's definitely a setup problem. In this case, the email tag had HTML code inside of it like this:

[EMAIL_TAG<span></span>]

So go to the HTML view of the editor to check email tags and make sure no HTML tags have ended up inside of your email tags.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds