• Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Adjusting Column Widths

[SOLVED] Adjusting Column Widths 15 years 1 month ago #3747

• ginajack
  • ginajack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for any helpful response, please.

Which file in the backend script is used to adjust/modify the column width size of the EACH of the variables listed on the main registration page?

The component provides a variable width for the EVENT NAME, but DT-price, # Registrants, Capacity, etc. are far too large for the content of each time on my displayed template.

I\'d like to adjust same. Example:

[url]http://fitness4goldcoast.com/component/option,com_dtregister/Itemid,75//url]

Please advise.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

[SOLVED] Adjusting Column Widths 15 years 3 weeks ago #3912

• ardra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you ever get an answer to this? I\'ve got the EXACT same problem.

There was a thread about changing the width of the Event Name and, as I understood it, the other fields would adjust, but I have not seen that happen.

This is a great product and the field width customization is certainly not a showstopper, but those oversized columns for things like Price, Capacity, and Registered look a bit tacky on the form.

I still have not been successful at increasing the size of my event name field, so my event name is a little cozy if the event registration list is being viewed in less than max. screen.

If anyone has solved this, please share.

Thank you!

Ann

[SOLVED] Adjusting Column Widths 15 years 3 weeks ago #3914

• ginajack
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
No there was no public forum response and no private response and I am disappointed about that.

I agree that the application is the best I have found and the column width issue is quirky but not a deal breaker.

I can only assume, based on the robustness of the product that the developer is dealing with much bigger issues and will get to the \"esthetics, look and feel\" issues later.

[SOLVED] Adjusting Column Widths 15 years 3 weeks ago #3915

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
I do apologize for the delay, but as you said, we\'re frying up some bigger fish :) Anyway...

ardra - there is a parameter in the settings area for setting the width of the event name column.

For the other columns, open this file:
/components/com_dtregister/dtregister.php

Around lines 2221-2235 you\'ll find code which establishes the column headers for each column of the event list layout. You\'ll see four of these (one for date, price, capacity and # registered):

<th class=\"coltitle\" align=\"left\">

Change each to:

<th class=\"coltitle\" align=\"left\" width=\"XXX\">

For each one, set the width to whatever number works for you. Of course do not use XXX :). Hope this helps.

[SOLVED] Adjusting Column Widths 15 years 3 weeks ago #3917

• ardra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I spend a good amount of time working your solution before I sent the post last night, or what that early this morning.

You\'ve also provided this solution to others having issues with the size of their event name column.

Honestly, this looks like it should work, but it\'s working for me. My columns are either non-responsive, especially my event name column. Or they seem to self-adjust to accommodate the width that I enter, an I end up with wide columns for other items. For instance when I added the width parameter for capacity, the registered column became quite long.

Again, this is not a showstopper for me. I\'ll find a way to work around it, or wait for somebody in this forum who has had success with your solution or any solution, to come forward and share the good news.

[SOLVED] Adjusting Column Widths 15 years 3 weeks ago #3918

• ginajack
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
dtAdmin

Thanks. I did go into the .php file and severely changed the parameters as shown below, however, without the desired (or expected) effect.

Both images below show cause and effect.
You will see that I went one step further and coded the Event_name column to try and get past the issue Audra is (as well as I) experiencing.

Sorry to say, it also did not result in a change. There must be another reference to these columns in another file?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds