• Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I am about to vote in the support poll

I would like another option and facility to comment too

The best option for me is to go for the "up to $40 per month"

I am happy to pay for better support
However the options on the poll are a bit steep.
And some other methods may be good to offer.
An option for now saying "am interested and would pay something " would be more ideal for me.

Might be interesting to offer a pay at the time option.
I have always said that DTR is one of the best extensions for Joomla and have always been impressed with the support too.

I would consider paying as I go if needed for an urgent call but generally don't need such levels of support.

My concerns are that I use lots of extensions - many free - some paid for like DTR.
I am happy to pay as this usually gets better support

I would be concerned that introducing a paid support option would make non payers get worse service than now - which seems harsh.

But the lowest level being $480 a year seems steep!

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

---
Ian Nelson
www.neltek.com

Paid Support poll 13 years 1 month ago #12833

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for your input. Let me comment on your comments :)

- The poll is just to get some general feedback at this time as we consider offering this. There are no set prices figured yet which is why the poll has pricing saying "UP TO $X/mo" so this is not you saying a specific amount you'd pay... just a general rate.

- We're not considering a "pay at the time" option, but giving a monthly priority access, but as we'll leave it available to cancel at any time, you wouldn't be locked into some extended period of time. Like you said $480/year... you wouldn't have to do that. If you hit a point where you don't feel you'll NEED access to priority support any longer, then you can just cancel it. You could of course, sign up again later if needed.

- We will not purposely provide less support to non-subscribers... for example, say 20 new support requests come in today. We would address priority subscriber tickets first, then address the others. So non-subscribers would not be purposely pushed aside ever. In the end, the subscribers will just get a faster turn-around time. We are also considering a chat support option made available only to the priority subscribers.

Thanks!

Paid Support poll 13 years 1 month ago #12842

• RJPeaker
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

neltek wrote: Hi

I am about to vote in the support poll

I would like another option and facility to comment too

The best option for me is to go for the "up to $40 per month"

I am happy to pay for better support
However the options on the poll are a bit steep.
And some other methods may be good to offer.
An option for now saying "am interested and would pay something " would be more ideal for me.

Might be interesting to offer a pay at the time option.
I have always said that DTR is one of the best extensions for Joomla and have always been impressed with the support too.

I would consider paying as I go if needed for an urgent call but generally don't need such levels of support.

My concerns are that I use lots of extensions - many free - some paid for like DTR.
I am happy to pay as this usually gets better support

I would be concerned that introducing a paid support option would make non payers get worse service than now - which seems harsh.

But the lowest level being $480 a year seems steep!

Ian

I voted for paid support, depending on the price. However, I didn't read anywhere any actual proposed values for the support - did I miss something or was it posted elsewhere than the actual poll message?

Regards,

Richard

www.timingit.com

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds