• Page:

TOPIC: DT Register 2.7.3 Removing Hesitations

DT Register 2.7.3 Removing Hesitations 13 years 2 months ago #12024

• dthadmin
  • dthadmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
We have named this news release "Removing Hesitations". Why? Because we have now released DT Register 2.7.3, which we believe should remove any hesitation you may have had for upgrading into the new 2.7 series. As you've seen, we have updated the package a number of times as we've been quickly addressing any known issues in the massive overhaul of 2.7. Some have sat on the sidelines, watching and waiting. Time to get off the sidelines and get your site moved into the latest version of this great component. This package not only fixes many known issues, it also adds some new features and improvements... answering your requests and continuing to keep DT Register as the leading solution for Joomla event registration. Coming from 2.7.2e, here are the changes you will see...

* Added new email tag [EVENT_TIME] to display the event time.
* Added new email tag [ALL_FIELDS] which will display a list of all of your fields data that you want. This is similar to the old 2.6 tag that showed all custom fields, but this is better. In each field, you have the option of saying if you want to include the field in the new tag. So you can skip certain fields (like names for example) and just list the fields needed. For now, this tag works for individual registrations and group billing info... NOT inside of the {GROUP_MEMBER} tag. That will be added soon too.
* Added a Custom Admin Notification Email to each event so you can customize it per event just like you can the user confirmation email. As part of this, the custom emails in the event are moved to an "Emails" tab.
* Added a progress bar in the CSV export to break up export data in pieces. This is to resolve issues that some have had with larger data exports.
* Added the ability to make partial payments in the frontend user panel. This is a new per event setting. When enabled, the user will be able to select the amount due or choose to enter their own amount.
* Added Event Date as an option in the CSV export.
* Added a new option to set the frontend Attendee's List for administrator view only. You can now set the list to show as public, registered or special.
* Modified field selection limits so when a value limit has been reached, it will still show during registration, but still not be available for selection. Also shows properly when editing the record in the backend or the user panel.
* Changes were made in 2.7.2d/e that required BCMath support in your php configuration. We have removed that as it was an issue for a small number of users.
* Updated the JoomFish content element files for Config and Events to include some new parameters. Also, be aware that our JoomFish files work for version 2.0.4. Newer versions for the 2.1 series of JoomFish are in the works.
* Fixed the "Migrate 2.6 Records" tool in the control panel to correctly migrate all members of a group registration and also all price levels of an event. We've also updated our migration video tutorial, which is hosted on YouTube.
* Secured the frontend user panel further to make sure it is not possible to access for public users.
* Modified all textarea boxes for administrating emails and messages so the boxes will be larger and usable when no WYSIWYG editor is being used.
* Fixed known issues in the user panel related to "Pay Now", which included blank screens, bad formatted Authorize.net billing page, and the ability to pay for a Waiting List record.
* Fixed issue where users in IE could select Pay Later but not select a type from the dropdown.
* Fixed known issues with conditional fields, mainly being that fees were not being calculated in conditional fields.
* Fixed selection fields that were showing a default selected value even when one was not given.
* Fixed issue with selection fields in a group registration to make sure a group member is unable to select a field value if a previous member in the group has already selected the value and caused it to reach its limit.
* Fixed issue where records that were not assigned to a user account were getting assigned to the admin account after being edited.
* Fixed the archive filter on the records page so records of archived events properly do not display by default.
* Fixed email tag display so if a tag contains no data, it is skipped instead of leaving an empty row.
* Fixed issue where special language characters would keep profile data from auto-populating into the registration form.
* Disabled the building of ipnlog files which was connected to external payment methods such as PayPal. You can delete the existing ipnlog files. They were really only for testing.
* Updated the EventLink plugin to 2.7.3 to correctly show or hide the Register button after considering the status of the event (closed, full capacity).
* Updated the SSL Plugin to 1.5.1.
* To see the other numerous fixes and enhancements in the various 2.7.2 builds (and before), see the announcements category of this forum where each package update is given a new thread with full details of what was included.

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DT Register 2.7.3 Removing Hesitations 13 years 2 months ago #12025

• Howard Sambol
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Nathan:

Congratulations on the new release of 2.7.3. I'm very appreciative of your team's tremendous efforts in continuing to improve the component.

I was hoping to have a way to save messages sent to event registrants. For a long time now, I've had to keep my standard message in a text doc then copy/paste into the editor whenever I want to send my message. This also requires me to adjust links, formatting and other changes and I need to do that repeatedly each time I want to send a message to attendees.

If there was a way to save a standard message, I could then modify it as needed which would reduce the work considerably. I believe this is an important and needed feature. I recall you saying that this was on the drawing boards but apparently not as high a priority as other features. Please let me know when this feature will be added. Thanks!

One last item that is also important. We need a revised plugin that will add new event registrants to a JNews mailing list. We had this before with ACAJoom but most people have migrated to JNews. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Howard

DT Register 2.7.3 Removing Hesitations 13 years 2 months ago #12026

• 3by400Inc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I just upgraded a site to 2.7.3 and I'm getting a blank screen after confirming my registration details. This is the url producing the blank page:

index.php?option=com_dtregister&controller=payment&task=methods&Itemid=0

I had this same issue after upgrading to 2.7.2e and I thought it was related to the BCMath issue because we do not have that enabled.

I didn't have this blank screen in version 2.7.2c, but in that version Registration Records were not saving.

DT Register 2.7.3 Removing Hesitations 13 years 2 months ago #12027

• gvhoofst
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nice such release but my tickets on loosing registrations and the sorting of events are still not reolved. These are now over 10 days outstanding.
On loosing events the reply was "It's not supposed to let you do something that deletes the events when records already exist, but it's not... so we'll get that fixed" but .....no fix.

DT Register 2.7.3 Removing Hesitations 13 years 2 months ago #12056

• dthadmin
  • dthadmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
3by400Inc - we found there was still a looming BCMath item in 2.7.3 which is probably why you had the blank screen. We have corrected this and updated the package to 2.7.3a. Please update again.

gvhoofst - the issue with repeating events re-creating themselves after editing is on the table right now. Sorry it has taken some time to address.

DT Register 2.7.3 Removing Hesitations 13 years 2 months ago #12099

• rwphotoclub
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I updated my testing site the 2.7.3 version and ran some tests. I am still getting the "could not instantiate mail" error when attempting to add, change or delete an event via the front end. The jevents sync process is still working strangely. You cannot setup an event that is using the 12hr clock. You must first sync it as a 24hr event and then go back in an edit it to the fix it to a 12hr setting. Is that how you wanted it to work ?

Please let me know if I need to create new tickets or are these issues still being worked on ?

Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds