• Page:

TOPIC: DT Register 2.7.0g Update

DT Register 2.7.0g Update 13 years 5 months ago #10164

• dthadmin
  • dthadmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
We have packaged up another update with the next round of bug fixes. We are aware of many other bugs that still need fixing, so if you have already reported them in another thread, please do not report them again here. This is to announce the items that HAVE been fixed in this build. Those fixes are:

- Cart for multiple event registration is fixed so payment amounts are stored correctly, payment methods, etc. Also fixed so the event name and registration type show correctly inside the cart.
- Event titles now pass on to all payment gateways to be the payment description when only one event is being registered for. The confirmation number is passed on as the invoice number. If multiple events are registered together, the description uses this new tag found at the bottom of the language file:
DT_EVENT_PAYMENT_DESCRIPTION
- Modified field names (database names) so they can not be edited. Some users were modifying field database names and causing problems for themselves. Now you can't do that!
- If only one payment method is being used, the payment type selection screen is skipped. If Pay Later is your only option, it will be skipped if you only have one pay later item enabled for the event.
- The "Send Email" check for backend manual registrations was not working. Corrected now so you can choose whether to send the emails or not.
- Registration was being disabled too early in some cases... before the event started. Now registration will remain open until the event is OVER (based on joomla time zone configuration), unless you specify an earlier cut-off date.
- Private Event Message is fixed... both the message (set in config) or the redirect URL option are now working properly.
- Fixed template issue affecting group registrations.
- When creating a repeating event and not specifying a cut-off date, some sites would have the repeating events set with a 1970 cut-off date, which made all repeats closed automatically. Fixed.
- Frontend Pay Later registrations as well as all backend manual registrations were not showing the payment type in emails. Fixed.
- Fixed fatal error that was preventing backend Group registrations.

The next item we are working on now is a new migration script for users to run who have records that are missing data (name, email, payment method, etc) and/or are showing as records for the wrong event. This is a larger task but we are focusing hard to get it done quickly. Once this script is corrected, we'll continue on other remaining bugs.

Thanks for your continued patience and support! Many of you are using 2.7 now on your live sites... the rest of you will be very shortly :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DT Register 2.7.0g Update 13 years 5 months ago #10168

• vostokoved
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

dthadmin wrote: We are aware of many other bugs that still need fixing

Can you please tell us what the bugs are you aware of?
It sounds a little bit frightening :(
It's money of our clients, and if we know the existing bugs, we can at least be careful and prevent them from using the part of the component which has the weak points. Say...if there's still some instability in a group registration I would prefer to turn it off completely instead of having headache with it afterward and wait until it's fixed.

Thanks

I'm not a native English speaker, so don't judge me too hard, please.

DT Register 2.7.0g Update 13 years 5 months ago #10169

• dthadmin
  • dthadmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
To anyone that has already downloaded 2.7.0g... The new package accidentally had some debug left on... please download the package again and either reinstall, or just replace this file:
/administrator/components/com_dtregister/lib/dtsession.php

DT Register 2.7.0g Update 13 years 4 months ago #10191

• vostokoved
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi!
Can somebody please answer my question?
"We are aware of MANY other bugs"...this phrase has confused me, because I hoped we would get a stable version with the 2.7d release.
Now it sound like there're still many (not few) bugs in the component and it seems you need quite time to fix them. To be honest it's not optimistic for me.
In the other place on the forum it was said that the component is definately stable.
So... Is the component stable ot not?
If not, how much time do you really need to make it work?
Also I would appreciate the list of existing bugs, because I don't want to risk, going blind

I'm not a native English speaker, so don't judge me too hard, please.

DT Register 2.7.0g Update 13 years 4 months ago #10194

• rdbean
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Seems to me that this version isn't yet ready for a production site....especially if you are upgrading from a previous version with events and registrations already entered.

Just my 2 cents from reading the forums, but I am looking forward to this becoming stable.

DT Register 2.7.0g Update 13 years 4 months ago #10202

• tomward
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Here are some bugs in 2.7.0.g version that I have found. Have submitted a ticket a week ago and realise that there is a backlog but not heard back so thought some users might have some clues that might help :

1) Signup email to registrant ignores what is between the {GROUP_MEMBER} tags. The admin email has it, but always seems to be at end of email irrespective of where tags are placed.
2) Values for custom dropdown fields don't get recorded if the default (or first) option is selected
3) Clicking on the 'Records' option shows nothing in the table for the name/address/etc for any members of a group registration
4) CSV export won't export a lot of critical fields (like name and address but has address2?)
5) If you have the skype browser plugin installed (the default) the phone number will be stored with highlighting as in :> Numberbegin_of_the_skype_highlighting Number end_of_the_skype_highlighting

• Page:
Time to create page: 2.295 seconds