• Page:

TOPIC: A few questions

A few questions 16 years 2 months ago #686

• ericrlarson
  • ericrlarson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
1. We are currently running a Joomla 1.0 site, but will be upgrading to 1.5 soon. If I purchase the 1.0 version of DT Donate, will I also need to purchase the 1.5 version or will that upgrade be free? 2. What information will be stored on my web site? We are not really interested in actually being responsible for a person's credit card information, and want to simply pass this on to Authorize.net. Can I decide what data gets stored and what data does not? 3. I see that I can decide which filed to use, and have the option of adding custom fields. Am I able to modify the layout of the form at all? I would like to try and have a more streamlined form than the one in the demo. 4. For recurring donations...is there any way for the user to come back to the web site and either edit or cancel a recurring donation? (e.g. if I have been donating $50/month, and now I want to increase my donation to $75/month) Thanks!, Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A few questions 16 years 2 months ago #687

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. Here are your answers: 1) Once you purchase DT Donate, you get free updates for 6 months... this would include either version of the component so you would be fine. 2) If you are not using CB integration, no payment information is stored. If you ARE using CB integration, users have the option of clicking a button during the donation process that says "please save my info..." When this is done, the info is encrypted and saved in your database. It is only readable by DT Donate when they come back to make another donation in the future. 3) The main form fields that are needed by the payment gateway can not be altered. Custom fields can be reordered within themselves. Technically, you could rearrange items by modifying the code yourself if you have the ability to do that. 4) For a recurring PayPal donation, users can cancel that in their own paypal account. For a recurring Authorize.net donation, there is not currently a way for the user to come and cancel it. They would have to notify you and then you cancel it. Thanks for your interest. If you have other questions, let us know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds