• Page:

TOPIC: SSL Certificate and Standard Fields

SSL Certificate and Standard Fields 16 years 1 month ago #860

• janicekap
  • janicekap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I saw on another post that I needed ssl to set up DT Donate. I have 2 other websites using 2 different shopping carts and do not need ssl certificates for those. They just go automatically to authorize.net with https:// So, can you tell me why I need it for DT Donate and not my others? I am trying to understand this better. Also, I get the following error creating the Link Url you suggested. Is this because I do not have a SSL Certificate? Forbidden You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Also, I see no way to make any changes to the current fields. For example, I wanted the phone # to be a required field. I guess I assumed that I would be able to view the current fields and make changes to them. Am I missing something? Or are these fields viewable somewhere? Thanks, Janice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SSL Certificate and Standard Fields 16 years 1 month ago #861

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
DT Donate does the transaction INSIDE of your website. It does not send you out to authorize.net. So, because of that, you do need a SSL cert on your domain. DT Donate will work without a SSL, but it is not recommended. If you're using the suggested SSL link-url but do not actually have a SSL setup on your domain, then you WILL get errors of course. There is not currently a way to make changes to the default form fields. The fields that are required by authorize.net are marked as required. If you want phone to be required, it would take a coding change. We can help you with this. Send us an email as a reminder and we'll supply you with a version of the file that will make Phone required. Custom fields already have the ability to mark them as required or not. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds