• Page:

TOPIC: Custom field and mySQL error

Custom field and mySQL error 16 years 3 months ago #523

• gchancy
  • gchancy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I created a custom field for 'Donate to' organization on my site. We have several affiliates and the donor can pay to any of them. The type of box was a dropdown. I called the field 'Donate to Organization' and specified the values that could be included in the dropdown. I then made a donation for test purposes. The donation was successful, but the DT Donate threw back a mySQL error. I unpublished the custom field, redid the test, and this time was totally successful. Often when setting up a custom field like in CB, there is a single word field identifier. I don't see one. Is there a setting I could be missing, or are there known SQL problems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Custom field and mySQL error 16 years 3 months ago #524

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello. What version are you using? Seems like maybe the database fields were not all created during install. If you don't mind, please email us access to your joomla site as well as database. We'll take a look and help you resolve the issue. Thanks.

Custom field and mySQL error 16 years 3 months ago #525

• dthadmin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Also, please check and make sure that the "Name" for your custom field does not include any spaces or special characters. If it does, then that would cause errors.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds